Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
welcome kid...parents must REALLY love you...just kidding....if you don't have any experience...then take it slow and learn your bike first before you go tagging along with a crew...take the safety course as soon as you can...and PAY ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTOR...NO SLEEPING IN CLASS!!!....have fun and be safe...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome kid...parents must REALLY love you...just kidding....if you don't have any experience...then take it slow and learn your bike first before you go tagging along with a crew...take the safety course as soon as you can...and PAY ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTOR...NO SLEEPING IN CLASS!!!....have fun and be safe...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
HAHA thanks, my parents dont really want me to get a bike but im almost 18 so they cant hold me back much longer lol. Iv been riding motocross my whole life so im used to a bike but not the asphalt yet. What class should i take? Iv heard they lower your insurance....

·
Registered
128 Posts
here in IL., they have a safety course funded by the DMV that only costs $23.00, if you can get registered before it fills up...anyway, once you pass the DMV safety course you can take the certificate up to the DMV and they will issue your m-class on your license.that way you can kill 2 birds with one stone....the license and the safety part....then call the insurance company and tell them you took the course (sometimes they want to see the certificate), then they will drop your insurance down some...depending on your carrier, i have GEICO...good luck kid...and again b safe...we ride with you....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here in IL., they have a safety course funded by the DMV that only costs $23.00, if you can get registered before it fills up...anyway, once you pass the DMV safety course you can take the certificate up to the DMV and they will issue your m-class on your license.that way you can kill 2 birds with one stone....the license and the safety part....then call the insurance company and tell them you took the course (sometimes they want to see the certificate), then they will drop your insurance down some...depending on your carrier, i have GEICO...good luck kid...and again b safe...we ride with you....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks alot bro!!!

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
Yeah take it slow now one should be doing wheelies out of the parking lot on there first bike you know just take it slow and don't try to impress any one just do things for your own satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome to the party.

I got my first bike when I was 18. Well I'm 19 now and I'm looking for another one.
Just take it easy. Both of us have a lot of riding ahead of us.

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
You might get messed with if you put that the GSXR thing is just K# so I would stick with that.
What do you mean lol
Just saying for this site not a rule or anything but most of us GSXR owner refer to our bike with the K7,K6, K # year of your bike. You had put 2K6 or 2k7 in an earlier post the 2 is implied cause you wouldn't have a 1k7 model. I was just saying some of the guys might mess with you because of that no big deal really just. You could put the size to like 600, 750, 1000, or Hayabusa. just giving you a little info. Some times people will make fun of you for askin what they think is a dumb question but we are here to help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just saying for this site not a rule or anything but most of us GSXR owner refer to our bike with the K7,K6, K # year of your bike. You had put 2K6 or 2k7 in an earlier post the 2 is implied cause you wouldn't have a 1k7 model. I was just saying some of the guys might mess with you because of that no big deal really just. You could put the size to like 600, 750, 1000, or Hayabusa. just giving you a little info. Some times people will make fun of you for askin what they think is a dumb question but we are here to help.

Oooh haha, now i get it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I envy you youngsters today, the bikes made these days are just awesome. When I was your age all the bikes were air cooled and made 40 to 60 HP tops!!! Even a 250 will do 100mph these days. Always gear up and ride at your own pace.:bowdown: Welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I envy you youngsters today, the bikes made these days are just awesome. When I was your age all the bikes were air cooled and made 40 to 60 HP tops!!! Even a 250 will do 100mph these days. Always gear up and ride at your own pace.:bowdown: Welcome to the addiction.
I intend on taking it slow, iv heard some bad stories from other riders that i know.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts