Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the site man, bike looks smokin.

Balllick, looks to me like its an 04 tail on an older model. looks good though!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it's an 04' tail section with underttail and 04' tail light I did the swap about a month ago took some modding ot the subframe but I got it to work out . also I had to use the 1000 seat

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Thats what I thought, you did a very good job man, looks awesome.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
sweet, did you paint it yourself or somebody else do it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the tail was off of a laid down bike had some work to be done that I took my time with plastic welded all the cracks and holes and did the finish work . the paint was half me and half a buddy of mine that paints on the side . it was free so I'm not complaining . I finished it off with matching purple pinstripe cut by some friends of mine at a local shop here

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well you did a great job man! :thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the whole project cost me a little over 200 something minus the undertail it was given to me as a birthday gift . the two main supports on the 03 subframe for a 600 had to be cut off and new square tubbing had to be cut and rewelded into place and relocated higher up and a new seat latch bracket was made and repositioned further back from the stock location . a 1000 front seat was needed also and drilled further up higher than the stock hole to fit the back part of the seat where the two hooks are had to be reworked also . most of the work involved is the subframe being reworked . I can have them done for a small fee but it cost if your wanting ot get it done pm me . If I had to do it for the first time I would get the subframe from ebay and also get all the other parts from there also . alot of work went in to the tail also it was cracked in three places and plastic welded and smoothed out . so nice parts make it go alot faster any other ?'s pm me

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also the tail was given to me by a friend who went down on his new 1000 he replaced it and was gonna scrap that one to the trash so I asked him to give it to me the solo cap was bought from ebay for 25 shipped and the tail light was about 40 on ebay the subframe was a little bent to start with but I just bolted it up and bent it back . it was bought from a local shop for about 50 but it was bent

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I like it man. Looks good. I like seeing different shit done to these bikes. I saw a '97 750 with a '01-'02 style tail on it last year and it looked great. Yours looke pretty sweet though. Good job. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.