Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Saran wrap on the tires sounds like someone tried it and now everyone copies him thinking that it provides an edge. But I don't claim to know what I'm talking about. Do they come that way when brand new?
The saran wrap is used to help seal the tires after traction compound is applied.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hello all!

Used to ride a lot but now i'm mainly on 4 wheels. I have a Formula racecar powered by an 08 GSXR 1000.
Wow! Totally rad car!

Thanks for the vids too. I watched a few of them, thanks for the ride!
Pretty cool seeing that car in front of you loose it onto the grass.
You were the fastest car in your vids too! Your GSXR/Formula car sounds great! Smooth, fast, etc.
I watched this one:

And the pucker moment one? Looked like you lost the front, but regained it without hitting anything?

I'm in 'Sconsin too! Live in a burb of the BrewCity.
If you ever need someone to help wrench, etc., LMK!

Do they open the M Mile road coarse to bikes too? I know they do during the season on Thursday nights for the 1/8mi drags.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow! Totally rad car!

Thanks for the vids too. I watched a few of them, thanks for the ride!

Pretty cool seeing that car in front of you loose it onto the grass.

You were the fastest car in your vids too! Your GSXR/Formula car sounds great! Smooth, fast, etc.

I watched this one:

https://youtu.be/NdjGWv09lc4

And the pucker moment one? Looked like you lost the front, but regained it without hitting anything?

I'm in 'Sconsin too! Live in a burb of the BrewCity.

If you ever need someone to help wrench, etc., LMK!

Do they open the M Mile road coarse to bikes too? I know they do during the season on Thursday nights for the 1/8mi drags.
Thanks Todd!

It truly is a blast. I do not believe they open the Mile for bikes. Our racing organization rents the track out. Also I dont think I'd want to take a bike out there! The "mile" portion of track is nice but the road course part in the infield is VERY dirty and slick.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It was hard for me to tell from your pics but the chain to the axle seems to be nearly on the centerline. So I'm thinking that there must be a jackshaft hidden in there with one chain from the engine and another to the axle. Is that so?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It was hard for me to tell from your pics but the chain to the axle seems to be nearly on the centerline. So I'm thinking that there must be a jackshaft hidden in there with one chain from the engine and another to the axle. Is that so?
It's one chain. From engine to the rear differential. I'll see if I can dig up some better pictures of the drive line.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts