Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a caltric stator and r/r for my '00 gsxr the problem is the connectors dont match and I cant figure out what wire goes where as all 3 stator wires are the same color and to poor to take it to the local stealership (spelled as I ment to) if the seller had stated I would have to cut splice and soldier or put in model specific installation instructions but alas they didn't can any one help or direct me to some where to help

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I bought a caltric stator and r/r for my '00 gsxr the problem is the connectors dont match and I cant figure out what wire goes where as all 3 stator wires are the same color and to poor to take it to the local stealership (spelled as I ment to) if the seller had stated I would have to cut splice and soldier or put in model specific installation instructions but alas they didn't can any one help or direct me to some where to help
Welcome.

It does not matter which wire is connected to which on the three wires between the stator and the R/R.

Post an intro, with pics of your bike, in the "new riders and members" section when you get a chance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know how to post pictures I hate computers this is a last resort for me as to the wires there are 3 on the stator and five on the r/r sowhat you are saying is the three wires on the stator connect to ANY 3 of the wires on the r/r then the other two go to the bike and NO I dont have or know how to use a multimeter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon closer examination of the wires the stators 3 yellow wires and the r/r has 3 black wires and a red and green wire so 3 yellow wires to the 3 black wires ?????? Dont want to fry the bikes wiring

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Upon closer examination of the wires the stators 3 yellow wires and the r/r has 3 black wires and a red and green wire so 3 yellow wires to the 3 black wires ?????? Dont want to fry the bikes wiring
Didn't you get any instructions with the R/R?

The system is really simple. Three wires between the stator and R/R hooked up in any combination. Then two wires out of the R/R, on positive, one ground (Some of the R/Rs have 4 out wires, 2 positive, 2 ground)

My guess would be the three yellow connect to the three blacks.
(yes they will clash, but not electrically)

Red is + and goes to the red in the harness.

Green is - (this would go to the Black/White wire in the harness)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU Thankyou thankyou that may just be what I need also after countless hours of searching I found a diagram on bing but thank you again now I can call the stealership and cancel the service again thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts