Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Just wanted to stop in and say "Hi". I've been wanting a motorcycle for a while now and finally couldn't stand it any longer. I was all set to start looking for an SV650 and I ended up finding a nice mint Yellow/Black K4 GSXR600 that I couldn't get out of my mind. I ended up buying it last Friday. I took my BRC MSF class this past weekend and passed without any problems. I got my motorcycle endorsement on my license yesterday and took the bike out to practice what I had learned the past weekend on the Buell Blasts and translate it to my new bike. I also took it out on some pretty isolated roads around my home and got about 30 miles or so under my belt. I'm a bit older and laid back so the wheelies, stoppies, and such aren't really my thing. I just wanted something to cruise on during the weekend and maybe drive to work a couple of times a week if the weather is nice. Overall first impressions riding the bike, I'm glad I went with the GSXR instead of the SV. I have a lot of respect for the throttle and just want to keep learning to ride and enjoy doing it. Please enjoy the pics and thanks for reading.

Mods include:
Yoshimura bolt-on RS3
Carbon fiber flush mount turn signals
Hotbodies rear fender kit
Shogun frame sliders
Tinted windscreen
Carbon fiber handlebar sliders
Carbon fiber tank protector
Carbon fiber triple tree plaque
Rear seat cowl
Gloss black rear hugger

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice looking bike.

You sound a lot like me. I bought my K7 600 just to enjoy. I am in no hurry to get from traffic light to traffic light.

Keep it safe.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Aloha! Nice ride. I'm digging the yellow big time. Are you all geared up?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a lot of respect for the throttle and just want to keep learning to ride and enjoy doing it. Please enjoy the pics and thanks for reading.
Nice bike. Just to let to know, "respect for the throttle" dosen't equal experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nobodyfamous: Yeah I have the majority of the gear. Included in the purchase was a Scorpion helmet that matches the bike, a pair of Icon gloves, and two Icon jackets (one black, the other yellow). I just need a good pair of boots. Right now I'm just wearing some over the ankle HiTechs (tactical boot).

Ricanhavoc: Thanks for the invite. I used to live in Daytona and Lake Mary. To be honest though I try to avoid Orlando if at all possible, but sometimes you have to go.

nater: I understand what you're saying about experience. I know I need a lot more experience. I was just trying to say, I'm not acting like a squid out there. People at work keep asking me when I'm going to ride to work and I keep telling them I just learned to ride in a parking lot last weekend. Give me a month or two to get somewhat comfortable on the road. Besides it pours every afternoon in Jacksonville. It's like clockwork.

Tro1086: A 911 is a Carrera. If your asking if it's a Turbo or not, the answer is no. It's just a Carrera.

Couple more pics of the car for those who commented.

Mods:
B&M SSK
Factory Aerokit
Spec 3 clutch/LWFW
Recaro race seats
Kenwood Navigation
Fabspeed exhaust/ muffler bypass
K&N filter/ Cold Air Kit
5% tint

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
damn skippy its a sick car! I like how he says "its just a Carerra" lol. great pics of the car man. you should come to Old Town one Thursday night... hell Id even ride halfway back home with you if you make the trek down here! Love 95 at night! shhhh....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I've seen some pretty nasty stuff. One in particular was a doctor who took his niece for a ride. Driver ran a red light and T-boned them. Little girl on the back was about 14 or 15. She had a compound fracture (bone proturding through the skin) of her femur. I remember her moving her leg at the hip and the bone just moving around in the air. The doctor's leg was about 3 inchs thick from mid femur down (read flat as a pancake). They had to amputate his leg. I guess seeing that stuff is why I've waited until I'm 33 to purchase a bike. Sometimes I still have some brain fade when driving my car and let the testosterone take over, but not very often. That's one thing I'm going to try like hell to not let happen when on the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahh so is a 911 a turbo and a carrera is non-turbo? Or can they both come with turbos?
Actually they are both Carreras. However, most people don't refer to a "turbo" as a "turbo Carrera" even though that's really what it is. It's pretty common for people to say 911 Carrera when they mean N.A. and 911 Tubro when they mean a 911 with Turbos. It's confusing I know. There are so many different styles of 911 ie: Carrera, Carrera 4, Targa, Cabriolet, GT3, GT3 RSR, blah, blah, blah.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.