Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
sold her ring for a bike

howdy,
new member. buying first bike very shortly. had a bike on layway, or basically i was just giving money to a dealer for some time and now it is time for me to pick up the bike, whenever he gets one. probably going to be getting a gsxr600. even sold my engagement ring because of my instant gratification needs. think she'll find out?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Good choice. Hope you dont ride with your lid on the side like that.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
CS-05 said:
got any advice on after market pipes- I hear that the Yosh is the best for gixxers but what about the sound quality of a Yosh?

You answered your own question. Yosh sounds great if you get the right one. I have the carbon tri-oval on my 1K. I love it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a fairly new rider as well, I've road friends bikes all the time - but this is my first bike. Never wanted to ride too hard on friends bikes

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
.com said:
how about new advice for new street rider?

Use your commen sence!!!!! Dont do anything stupid untill you learn how to ride.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
CS-05 said:
thanks, I'll probably get the Yosh tri oval also- but whats the difference between the single and double exhaust tip?

There probally is a difference but I dont know. Looks more or less.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the advice. did you put a fender elim on your bike-and which brand? I'm thinking about getting the Hot Bodies undertail with the indicators built in- has anyone bought the Clear Alternatives intergrators?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
CS-05 said:
thanks for the advice. did you put a fender elim on your bike-and which brand? I'm thinking about getting the Hot Bodies undertail with the indicators built in- has anyone bought the Clear Alternatives intergrators?

Yeah, It was called a hacksaw and some creativity with the tail lights. Moved the turn signals and walah. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my brother in law hacked his fender off too- looks great, but I'd rather get a kit with the blinkers built in- I'm not too handy, and it would get screwed up somehow. One way or another the rear fender has got to go!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just take the fender off and remount the tail lights, looks great and it's a whole lot cheaper than the undertail. As far as pipe, I have the yosh trs on my 1k and it's great. I think wick and I have the same opinion. Yosh and zook go together. Devil makes a good exhaust if you want allot of sound, but I prefer yosh.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I mounted mine on a small piece of aluminum that I mounted the plate on and the blinkers. I bought amaller blinkers though. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow and put it on here so you can see.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
gixxerk1 said:
Just take the fender off and remount the tail lights, looks great and it's a whole lot cheaper than the undertail. As far as pipe, I have the yosh trs on my 1k and it's great. I think wick and I have the same opinion. Yosh and zook go together. Devil makes a good exhaust if you want allot of sound, but I prefer yosh.

ALLRIGHT!!!!!!! Somebidy who's on my side. :clap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.