Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my names Mitchell, I have a 2005 gsxr 600. Looking forward to talking and chatting with everyone suzuki related and using this forum to its fullest potential to gain and share my knowledge.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome. Can we please have a pic of said bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Welcome. Yes, pics of your new bike please!

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mitchell.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,775 Posts
Welcome Mitchell. In case no one has asked, pics are customary.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Her current state, I was chasing down a electrical issue. My cluster would reset randomly and I found the front bulkhead harness needed to be replaced. Headlight wire and main ground got a little to hot and burned up their spots in the plug connection at the frame.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep I was having right turn signal issues as well. Flashing fast. Left turn signal was fine. Previous owner low sided and did some repairs to the harness. I’m just replacing the whole harness and calling it a day. I do have one question. Are these gold wire crimp connections with white electrical tape wrapped around them factory?

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
I can't say I've ever probed that deep into the harness but my guess, since those are factory wires and the splice and covering are so neat, is that it is OEM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel like they would have used something different then white electrical tape to seal it off but who knows lol I’ll be getting the new harness in a couple weeks. Thanks for all of the replies. You have have made me feel very welcomed.

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
Welcome.
we lived in Spring Arbor for a few years when I was a kid.
that's not too far from you and I wonder if you've been there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello my names Mitchell, I have a 2005 gsxr 600. Looking forward to talking and chatting with everyone suzuki related and using this forum to its fullest potential to gain and share my knowledge.
Welcome! Good to have you around the forum!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts