Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm from Dutton Alabama and I ride a 2020 GSXR600 and my husband has a 2020 GSXR750. Today he was changing out his clutch lever and lost all tension. Checked the common adjustment at the lever, any pointers on the other adjustments?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Hi Jennifer, welcome to the site.

IIRC, changing the lever you have to loosen the slack in the cable where the lever attaches with that adjuster on the top by turning it all the way in. Just that alone you should be able to change out a lever.
Did he re-adjust it? Screw the adjuster back out until there is several mm's of slack before it hits some tension.

Let us know how it's going

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He did the adjustment at the lever but its so loose its like having a broken cable. Theres not any resistance in it.

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,529 Posts
Yes, it sounds like it may have come loose at the engine. Or need to adjust it out more there at the engine side of the cable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you replace the lever and the perch? if its adjusted out to max on the lever adjust the clutch side out in the same fashion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hello everything looks cherry up top how bout downstream i willing to bet my cat the cable no attachy down low. Not my dog my cat. send us a pic of the clutch attach point

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: My husband went ahead and pulled the engine cover off the clutch and turns out the pressure plate had jumped alignment and wouldnt flush back up with the basket. Still fine tuning, has a slight slip in 6th, but its moving. The bike only has 3915 miles, so seems like it was premature. We also purchased the extended warranties but was turned away by the dealership, was told it was the regular maint

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds like maybe your hubby is going a lil hard on da crutch? So was it messing up before install of the lever? Very happy to hear the resolution has been found! Be safe out there. BTW is that the crg gold lever?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No it wasnt at all. Really strange huh. Some [email protected]%khead kiscked it over. Do you think that couldve had anything to do with it? It landed on righr side, did a little damage to the stator case, handle bar, mirror andnback tail light housing

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fingers crossed i have yet to lay one down aside from a few dirtbikes but I know even falling over can cause some expensive damage. Maybe somebody else will chime in on this one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The girl across the road kicked both of our bikes over. I have engine/crash bars so mine was fine. But he didnt so..

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The girl across the road kicked both of our bikes over. I have engine/crash bars so mine was fine. But he didnt so..
Does she have some kind of impairment or is she just a piece of excrement?

Do you have cctv footage of the dastardly deed? Get her/her parents to pay for the repairs.

That really sucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts