Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Dhimani and I am a new motorcyclist. I just bought a 2014 suzuki gsxr 750, it is used but only had 400 miles on it. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone who is apart of this topic/forum.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Welcome.
Take a riding course.
Practice in wide open parking lots.
Wear GEAR- pants, jackets, boots, gloves, helmet
Have fun, stay safe!

·
Super Moderator
9,019 Posts
Welcome, nice ride! Pics please!

Reactions: dmoney09

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Reactions: dmoney09

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone, my name is Dhimani and I am a new motorcyclist. I just bought a 2014 suzuki gsxr 750, it is used but only had 400 miles on it. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone who is apart of this topic/forum.
Welcome.
Take a riding course.
Practice in wide open parking lots.
Wear GEAR- pants, jackets, boots, gloves, helmet
Have fun, stay safe!
Trust me, I have taken the motorcycle safety course and have my credentials. I have gloves, a helmets, boots, etc. I was actually in a parking lot at my old high school with my father. It was fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be providing pictures so everyone can see

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trust me, I have taken the motorcycle safety course and have my credentials. I have gloves, a helmets, boots, etc. I was actually in a parking lot at my old high school with my father. It was fun.
I do have a couple of questions though, is there a gas gauge on the gsxr 750s between the years 2011-2015? I could not find it yesterday on the meter.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You only have a fuel light that will come on when you are getting low.
You will get to the point where you pretty much know your fuel level due to milage between fill ups.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You only have a fuel light that will come on when you are getting low.
You will get to the point where you pretty much know your fuel level due to milage between fill ups.
Thank you sir, i'll remember that. Do any of you guys have a recommendation on an exhaust and headlights? The seller that i purchased the bike from sawed off the stock exhaust so it is extremely loud, obnoxiously loud actually. I want a brock's performance slip on but they sell out so fast. About the headlights, I was told about hid lights which i know nothing about so i am here asking everyone who has recommendations for me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thank you sir, i'll remember that. Do any of you guys have a recommendation on an exhaust and headlights? The seller that i purchased the bike from sawed off the stock exhaust so it is extremely loud, obnoxiously loud actually. I want a brock's performance slip on but they sell out so fast. About the headlights, I was told about hid lights which i know nothing about so i am here asking everyone who has recommendations for me.
I have always just went with stock headlights so I can't really comment on anything else.
If it were me wanting to put a quieter exhaust I would probably go with Yoshi but it's all preference really.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
As has been said, stick with stock headlights. Unless you’re riding at 140 at night the stocks are good enough. And if you’re riding at 140 at night, just don’t!

The first thing I did with my k7 600 was to dump the jardine gp1 and put a stock exhaust back on. The gp1 was also obnoxious even with ear plugs.

Yoshi would be great. Alternatively, buy a stock one from someone who is upgrading.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,187 Posts
I do have a couple of questions though, is there a gas gauge on the gsxr 750s between the years 2011-2015? I could not find it yesterday on the meter.
Like was mentioned you will get an idea of how far you can go on a tank and know when to fill up. I used the trip odometer. Punch it back to zero every time you fill the tank and you have a running count of how many miles you can expect your range to be. No idea what mileage a 750 will do on a tank though. Maybe someone with a similar bike can fill that in for you.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Like was mentioned you will get an idea of how far you can go on a tank and know when to fill up. I used the trip odometer. Punch it back to zero every time you fill the tank and you have a running count of how many miles you can expect your range to be. No idea what mileage a 750 will do on a tank though. Maybe someone with a similar bike can fill that in for you.
The light will come on at about 150 miles.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts