Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hello everyone, my name is Dhimani and I am a new motorcyclist. I just bought a 2014 suzuki gsxr 750, it is used but only had 400 miles on it. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone who is apart of this topic/forum.
Good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well and I hope each and every one of you enjoyed the fourth of july with some friends and family. I am here to ask you all which helmet would be highly recommended or a favorite? I currently have two arai helmets but they are my fathers. I've been using his but I will be purchasing my own and I just want to know some of yalls favorite helmets that you guys like to wear.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
Arai and Shoei are good gear. I got a head like a fricken melon and being a Canuck found Joe Rocket fit me well. In the long run you are gonna want to plunk one on your head to make sure you like it and it fits properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Arai and Shoei are good gear. I got a head like a fricken melon and being a Canuck found Joe Rocket fit me well. In the long run you are gonna want to plunk one on your head to make sure you like it and it fits properly.
what about hjc?

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
Yup. Also a well known brand. If you are watching any professional riders like Moto GP or Isle of Man TT the brands they are wearing can be considered good. You will also see AGV quite a bit.

·
Super Moderator
8,897 Posts
Yes, I agree. I just gotta keep riding, more and more repetition. I'll try opening the throttle just a little bit as i'm hitting the friction zone method to see if that works for me better.
2-3k rpm, or 4-5k rpm, it really doesn't matter. Just think that you are controlling your initial acceleration from a stop with your clutch, not the throttle.

One demo I saw was the instructor revving the engine up and down big time while making a turn. The turn remained totally smooth as it was all clutch control/friction zone.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There is some great advice here for you already.

If you haven’t already, watch Twist of the Wrist. It’s full of words of wisdom of Keith Code, the California Superbike School dude.

Tin’s suggestion to look where you want to go is my number 1 tip. It sounds easy but trust me, it’s not. Especially when you see that rock on the road in front of you, or you think you’re going too fast into a corner. And when you look, turn your head towards the “target”, not just your eyes.

My other tip is relax your hands on the bars. I guarantee you’re holding on too tight. Grip the tank with your legs and relax your grip. Everything becomes easier when you’re loose on the bars.

When wanting to move slowly, apply some pressure to the rear brake. This will let you use a bit more throttle with the clutch at friction point. Makes it easier to ride slowly.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
When he says relax your grip he means hold the bars like you would hold a babies arm. Firm but gentle. All you are doing is restricting it's movement a bit not restraining it. This ties in with letting the bike sort itself out as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

If you haven’t already, watch Twist of the Wrist. It’s full of words of wisdom of Keith Code, the California Superbike School dude.

Tin’s suggestion to look where you want to go is my number 1 tip. It sounds easy but trust me, it’s not. Especially when you see that rock on the road in front of you, or you think you’re going too fast into a corner. And when you look, turn your head towards the “target”, not just your eyes.

My other tip is relax your hands on the bars. I guarantee you’re holding on too tight. Grip the tank with your legs and relax your grip. Everything becomes easier when you’re loose on the bars.

When wanting to move slowly, apply some pressure to the rear brake. This will let you use a bit more throttle with the clutch at friction point. Makes it easier to ride slowly.
Good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well and I hope each and every one of you enjoyed the fourth of july with some friends and family. I am here to ask you all which helmet would be highly recommended or a favorite? I currently have two arai helmets but they are my fathers. I've been using his but I will be purchasing my own and I just want to know some of yalls favorite helmets that you guys like to wear.
Hello everyone, my name is Dhimani and I am a new motorcyclist. I just bought a 2014 suzuki gsxr 750, it is used but only had 400 miles on it. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone who is apart of this topic/forum.
Good Morning everyone, I hope you guys are enjoying you day today. I just got back home from a great bike ride on the highway this morning, it wasn't hot. The weather was just right. One thing that I wanted to point out was a lubricant from underneath my motorcycle. I put in a new battery in yesterday and there was a puddle of what it looked like to be oil but it wasnt. I looked under my bike and around the oil tank but i didnt see anything wet. I looked around the forks and i rubbed my finger along the brake fluid container and there was a liquid on it. I'm not sure if it has been filled up too high and its leaking out due to overflowing but I wanted to share this with you guys to see if you can help me. Also, to see if this is something that I can just do at home or I would have to go to a motorcycle dealership to get it looked at and adjusted if need to be.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
Check your oil and brake fluid levels but I suspect it may have been coolant. Brake fluid is clear, oil is sandy colored and coolant is usually yellow or green. All are slippery. There are over flow hoses that come out under your bike, you may have had some come out of there. Black rubber tubes sticking down a bit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just checked my oil level and its close to being empty so i know im gonna have to change my oil and add new oil to it. the color of my brake fluid is like a tint of yellow color.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Check your oil and brake fluid levels but I suspect it may have been coolant. Brake fluid is clear, oil is sandy colored and coolant is usually yellow or green. All are slippery. There are over flow hoses that come out under your bike, you may have had some come out of there. Black rubber tubes sticking down a bit.
and i'll check my coolant level as well. I've never checked it since I got the bike.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sounds like you should run through, and check all of your fluid levels, and top off as needed. Do NOT ride until you have topped off your oil. Be sure to use proper motorcycle oil. Do not put common motor oil in it. Very important...

Reactions: dmoney09

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

I'll be honest, I have been holding onto the handlebars a little too tight. I will try relaxing my hands more but I do keep my legs up against the tank, it helps that I have tank pads on there too. Thank you sir for the advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Good Morning everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Two days ago I did an oil change and an oil filter as well. I also absorbed some braking fluid, come to find out the previous seller overflowed it. I also found where those leaks were coming from and on the left side of the forks on the clutch side, there is fluid on the bottom half of the fork. I'm not sure why and not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Does anyone know anything about that or have experienced that before?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
One more thing, is there anywhere that I can find a brocks performance slip on or a full exhaust? I definitely want that specific exhaust.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Reactions: dmoney09

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Good Morning everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Two days ago I did an oil change and an oil filter as well. I also absorbed some braking fluid, come to find out the previous seller overflowed it. I also found where those leaks were coming from and on the left side of the forks on the clutch side, there is fluid on the bottom half of the fork. I'm not sure why and not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Does anyone know anything about that or have experienced that before?
Sounds like your fork seals are shot. I’d be replacing the seals and fork oil. Make sure there is no rough spot on the lower section of the fork that could be damaging the seal before you fit new ones.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts