Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought a new gsxr 600, 2019 never titled and 0 miles on it, would love to ride it but I am in the process of moving to a new home, sold my other home and this was my very first purchase after selling. I love forums like these because everyone has tips and stuff and advice for new owners, great to be here and I hope I learn a lot from all of you. Once again hi all and thanks for having this forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
Welcome! Are you in a location where you can ride soon or are you wintered in?

Also, how about a pic of the new ride?

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
Ty for the welcome, I am in Florida no bad weather, just bad drivers.....lol
I understand, I lived there for decades. But at least the roads are flat and straight. :ROFLMAO:

Nice bike!

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
SuperMod of the North
26,979 Posts
Welcome Sir. Nice find!

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
Hi all, just bought a new gsxr 600, 2019 never titled and 0 miles on it, would love to ride it but I am in the process of moving to a new home, sold my other home and this was my very first purchase after selling. I love forums like these because everyone has tips and stuff and advice for new owners, great to be here and I hope I learn a lot from all of you. Once again hi all and thanks for having this forum.
Welcome from Northern Colorado 😃👍

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Well,
It's good to see SOMEBODY'S got their priorities straight! Most people would buy another house, furniture, go on vacay- But F Me, Yeah/Naw- you bought a new motorcycle! LOL You are now my Idol. one of them anyways.

Do you have any experience riding a bike like this? Gear?

And BTW- that is an AWESOME looking bike! Blue ones are faster though LOL

Welcome to the site!

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
Well,
It's good to see SOMEBODY'S got their priorities straight! Most people would buy another house, furniture, go on vacay- But F Me, Yeah/Naw- you bought a new motorcycle! LOL You are now my Idol. one of them anyways.

Do you have any experience riding a bike like this? Gear?

And BTW- that is an AWESOME looking bike! Blue ones are faster though LOL

Welcome to the site!
I know my wife thinks I lost my mind.....said "you having a midlife crisis?" I said nah buying two new bikes might indicate an abnormality but just one, thats just changing therapists 😝
🤣
If I come across a FatBoy with an 88ci motor in good shape I'm adding it to the stable for sure. I've already got my gix for when I have 'the need for speed'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it’s work, but why the hell did I get an all white bike, the brake dust and chain line are enough to keep me busy after every ride..... lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be great to hook up with some south Florida riders, granted it has been at least 9 years since my last bikes and those were 2 1985 fj1100’s super heavy bikes but I was in my prime at that time(I weighed about 185) now I’ll be 50 this year and I’m down to 150 lbs, I’m taking it slow, still have to break the bike in, but super sports are a different animal altogether, scary starting out again.

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
I know it’s work, but why the hell did I get an all white bike, the brake dust and chain line are enough to keep me busy after every ride..... lol
I came real close to going with a white bike. I've had 3 gloss black bikes and the fine line scratches are equally annoying. The wax residue on the black rims are equally so. Its all part of the gig and unless you want the bike looking like many I've worked on and test driven what choice do you have.

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
It would be great to hook up with some south Florida riders, granted it has been at least 9 years since my last bikes and those were 2 1985 fj1100’s super heavy bikes but I was in my prime at that time(I weighed about 185) now I’ll be 50 this year and I’m down to 150 lbs, I’m taking it slow, still have to break the bike in, but super sports are a different animal altogether, scary starting out again.
It would be great huhh. Coordinating the scheduling would be the biggest hurdle. I've attempted the MEETUP senario and location and times have been challenging. I live further North and would have to drive an hour just to get to the meet location. Add the 3-4 hour ride that would make for a long day. Not to mention group rides have so many rules to them ....discourages doing a group ride for sure. So, the camaraderie would be great but there's very little 'getting to know everyone' in many of the group rides I've MEETUP with.....

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
I'm 62 and lost 30lbs in 2020 making it easier to ride a sport-bike. When I was close to 200lbs I felt like I was in my 70s and my hips gave me issue with straddling any bike. Hell everything hurt, even walking was a chore. Now, everything appears easier. Before I just wanted to sit, now I find ways to keep moving.. I thought about retirement and felt old, now Im feeling more energy in every area of my life including riding. My blood pressure is down. My aches are less. I'm less winded and I feel younger. 2020 was a bitch but, I made the best of it and reinvented myself to include riding a Gixxer something I thought was out of reach and for the young. LETS RIDE!

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
I was 55 when I got back on a sport bike, or pretty much any bike, after decades. The operation of the bike was still there but the riding skills needed work. I also realized that I had to get better at road skills as I last rode in Florida and I was now in a place with much twistier roads.

I've found Facebook to be the best platform to find other riders. The next step is to find those riders with the same riding interests as you. I've ridden with hundreds over the years but it usually comes down to that ten or so people that you ride with frequently. That list changes as people move or life gets in the way, but you get to meet other riders so it works out.

It's a great adventure.

·
Registered
2020 suzuki gsxr600
19 Posts
I was 55 when I got back on a sport bike, or pretty much any bike, after decades. The operation of the bike was still there but the riding skills needed work. I also realized that I had to get better at road skills as I last rode in Florida and I was now in a place with much twistier roads.

I've found Facebook to be the best platform to find other riders. The next step is to find those riders with the same riding interests as you. I've ridden with hundreds over the years but it usually comes down to that ten or so people that you ride with frequently. That list changes as people move or life gets in the way, but you get to meet other riders so it works out.

It's a great adventure.
Sounds like a good system. Under different geographical circumstances I would have liked a 'Try Out' with that group. I also wouldnt mind discussing your search methodology using Facebook. That avenue never occurred to me, perhaps IF I can get back to AZ I could use it to gather a posse of my own. Many obstacles in front of me with the years ticking by. You've got to keep striving tho to keep that will to go on. Too many as they age loose that will and we know what happens. Nice chatting with you tho, not everyday I get to converse with a moderator.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be great huhh. Coordinating the scheduling would be the biggest hurdle. I've attempted the MEETUP senario and location and times have been challenging. I live further North and would have to drive an hour just to get to the meet location. Add the 3-4 hour ride that would make for a long day. Not to mention group rides have so many rules to them ....discourages doing a group ride for sure. So, the camaraderie would be great but there's very little 'getting to know everyone' in many of the group rides I've MEETUP with.....
Ty sir for the honest opinion, and I do see what you mean, people are busy no doubt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts