Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got a set of 99GSX-R1000 plastic's given to me today for 25$ so i couldnt turn it down. the only problem is the bike had been laid down on the left side so the idiot who owned it took off the right side and started to use apoxy on it witch made it look like shit now i have gotten most of it off due to he put it on over the clear coat. now what's the easiest way to take care of all the scratches and how do i go about matching the paint on all of it? like brand and chit for the paint and cc?

now mind you when i got these they where both almost yellow. so i still have work ahead of me but it's a start to having a second set to replace my black/black.

·
Registered
552 Posts
A 99' GSX-R1000? Last I knew they didnt make a 1000 till the 2001 model year. And I thought they stoped making the GSX-R1100 in 98'. Anyway, looks like ya got quite a project there. If you really want the paint to match your going to have have to paint the entire fairing thou. Youll never get it to match worth a shit if you only paint the bad spots. Looks like you have lotsa sanding in store for ya. Why was the idiot trying to epoxy OVER the clear coat? WTF? Looks like the left fairing is more screwed up to me, I thought you said it was down on the right side? Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i had my side's backwords.. it was the left side that laid down. The epoxy that's on the cc is coming off but the cc is coming off with it. not a problem seeings how i'm going to repaint it but what are the colors? i know it's Blue/White but does anyone know the codes?? i also have the rest of the fairings front & tail. the tail say's 1000 on it and the bike it came off of was a 99 i dont know if the bike was a 1k but owell.

·
Registered
552 Posts
To my knowledge they didnt start the 1000 till 2001. Maybe someone swapped a 1k motor into an older bike and decided they need to swap to 1k stickers to? As far as the paint codes go, I have no idea. Might have to contact a dealer and see if they can help you.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Colorrite Suzuki paint codes by year/make/model (many others for that matter)

Time to run the VINs/Serials and see just what you have there. :hmmm:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now where can i get replacement decals? i need the suzuki lettering and the GSX R for the side fairing's.. Debating on wether or not to put the white or blue SUZUKI letters either on where there at now or move them to the bottom of the fairing.. i found the color codes i need for the bike and got some paint on order. got the glassing started so when the paint get's here i can just finish sanding..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.