Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats a lot better than that other bike he had....:thumbup: gosh can't wait till my kid is born and is brandons age!
he's been riding since he was 4 and now he is draggin his knee and racing :thumbup: he's 11 an i need a bigger lock on my shed :lol:

·
Registered
463 Posts
those are killer... what sizes are those bikes..

i wish my dad had bought me these when i started riding.. he was a snowmobile racer so i got those instead.. lucky kid tho to have a coach!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
What size is the Metrakit? I used to mini endurance a KTM 65. That was by far the funnest racing ever is mini endurance. Texas has a circuit called TMGP which is Texas Mini Grand Prix. The largest cc you can run is 110. We would put 110's in KTM 65 frames or KX65 frames. Talk about a blast. Riding mini's for 3-6hrs and sometimes at night. Cheap cheap cheap way to race. Tons of NSR50's and KX65's and a few CRF50's on steroids. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The KTM is for me to help him on the track, and he will be getting his WERA and CCS license the end of the season!
He has been doing the NJ MINI GP this season so far and lovin it!

I rode both of these when we got home and both are FREAKIN faaaast!!!

2006 Metrakit 50/72cc Racebike - SS lines, Brembo brakes, 1/4 turn throttle, carbon fiber race exhaust(dont kno the brand), Safety wired, superbike tail, geared, new chain an sprockets an tires, suspension done, clip ons

2004 KTM 85cc he says is bored over to 103cc(dont kno but its FAAAAAST!!!), pro circuit shorty full system, Battlax GP slicks, and rains, suspension done, ported and polished, V-force reeds, geared , 520 conversion, Excel Rims, + more

My son rode the Metrakit and he wont stop grinning

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I was 12, I snuck a xr75 and got caught and grounded for six months. I wish my parents would have done something like that for me. I didn't start racing until I was 33, if I had another 26 years...damn.

Your son looked really strong at NJMP during the rev it up weekend. When he told me it was only his second time on the track I couldn't believe it.

Z

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was 12, I snuck a xr75 and got caught and grounded for six months. I wish my parents would have done something like that for me. I didn't start racing until I was 33, if I had another 26 years...damn.

Your son looked really strong at NJMP during the rev it up weekend. When he told me it was only his second time on the track I couldn't believe it.

Z
thanx dave i been working with him for a little while now - parking lots, front of my house, in the trails on his dirt bike, making him listen to Twist of the Wrist Part I, and II book on CD's :thumbup:
taking him to every track/race weekend i go to!!!

You should of see him, when we did the try the track on lightning at lunch - he had that 50 pinned all the way around and my gsxr read 34mph all the way around and he couldnt stop grinning - it was my greatest lap ever, cus we got to do a lap together :thumbup:

an i was the same - my parents forbid me to ride dirtbikes, and couldnt understand why i always went over other peoples house's when i was younger - cus they had dirtbikes :rofl:
i wish i started racing/trackdays years ago - but since i have cut my season to get jr started full time - its ruff - I WANNA RIDE :thumbup:

but it will be worth it......:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Man I wish my parents would have done some stuff like this for me when I was a kid. Mom HATES anything on 2 wheels with a motor! I got grounded every time I was caught riding friends dirt bikes! Couldn't buy my own bike till I didn't live under their roof! So I bought a house then a bike! lol

You're one kick ass dad and he's a lucky guy! Just make sure he stays a good kid!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
thanx dave i been working with him for a little while now - parking lots, front of my house, in the trails on his dirt bike, making him listen to Twist of the Wrist Part I, and II book on CD's :thumbup:
taking him to every track/race weekend i go to!!!

You should of see him, when we did the try the track on lightning at lunch - he had that 50 pinned all the way around and my gsxr read 34mph all the way around and he couldnt stop grinning - it was my greatest lap ever, cus we got to do a lap together :thumbup:

an i was the same - my parents forbid me to ride dirtbikes, and couldnt understand why i always went over other peoples house's when i was younger - cus they had dirtbikes :rofl:
i wish i started racing/trackdays years ago - but since i have cut my season to get jr started full time - its ruff - I WANNA RIDE :thumbup:

but it will be worth it......:D
When I saw Brandon and those kids riding at NJMP I couldn't believe it. They were tearing that course up. Those 2 bikes are awesome. :bowdown::bowdown: I will get a dirt bike or quad and join you in the woods in the off season, KILLA!!!:arsenal

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very cool man. I bet they are a ton of fun. Best of luck to Brandon if he has any more coming up
THANX JAMES :thumbup:

When I saw Brandon and those kids riding at NJMP I couldn't believe it. They were tearing that course up. Those 2 bikes are awesome. :bowdown::bowdown: I will get a dirt bike or quad and join you in the woods in the off season, KILLA!!!:arsenal
yeah he is gonna try em friday night maybe - and bring it john its good throttle control practice and breaking the tire loose lol

Man I wish my parents would have done some stuff like this for me when I was a kid. Mom HATES anything on 2 wheels with a motor! I got grounded every time I was caught riding friends dirt bikes! Couldn't buy my own bike till I didn't live under their roof! So I bought a house then a bike! lol

You're one kick ass dad and he's a lucky guy! Just make sure he stays a good kid!
Thanx man - i dont kno who is having more fun him or me :bounce

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.