Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 2100 mi. my stock rear tire BT012 is down to the wear bars. With not even 1 burnout on it, I expected more. Anyway what tire do you guys recommend and should I go down to a 180 or stay with the 190. I ride lots of back country roads. Lookin for the best the bang for the buck.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I would go to the Pilot power 180. :thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Look no further than the BT014, I just put a set on mine. Nice good grip, and long lasting...I put alot of miles on my bike I had the BT010's they wore out too fast, with these I can't see any wear yet. One of my buddies ran Michelin Pilots on his Ninja, after putting on many sets he decided to try the BT014's and he is very happy with them not to mention the extra $ he saved.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
One of the biggest enemies of tire life is improper tire pressure. If you do not run the proper pressure for you riding style,your tire life will suffer greately.

You are fine with the 190, but a 180 will turn a bit quicker. I run metzeler M1's or Pirreli Diablo Corsas

·
Registered
493 Posts
Tyres

On My Thou K2 I Used 2 X Sets Of Bt010's 1 X Set Of Diablo Corsa's And A Set Of Bt012ss. The Ss's Were By Far The Best.
On My K4 I Have Worn Out The Bt012's And Tried A Set Of Bt014's For A Blast Around Europe. They Had Done About 70 Miles When I Got On The Ferry. When I Got Back To The Uk 8 Days Later (2300miles) They Were Worn Out But They Were Faultless. Will Buy Them Again!
Hope This Help Out. As For Fitting 180's Could Be Wrong But Suzuki Wouldn't Have Spent Time And Money Developing A Bike With190's If 180's Worked Better (i Hope)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
GIXERMAN said:
As For Fitting 180's Could Be Wrong But Suzuki Wouldn't Have Spent Time And Money Developing A Bike With190's If 180's Worked Better (i Hope)
All race tires they use, slicks and production race tires are all 180's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts