Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been wanting a custom suit since I started riding track bc I have a unique body type. I’m somewhat short and stocky not the best combo for suits in my experience.
I found Bison from watching MotoAmerica and they turned out to be a great company to deal with. They are a family business that travels the country with the MA series...pretty smart business move bc they are doing really well.

This is the Thor 2 model which is a custom kangaroo suit. It has AirHide technology which incorporates my HitAir Mlv-C vest into the suit via a tether port on the front. Super smart design and this suit is made extremely well.

You design the suit yourself with the assistance of the Bison staff if you need it. They then do the measurements with you via zoom and then 6-8 weeks later you’ll have your custom suit at your door.

I have a 10% off discount code for anyone who wants one of these. I can PM it to whoever wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,179 Posts
I've read good reports on Bison. The suit looks great and looking forward to a ride report.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read good reports on Bison. The suit looks great and looking forward to a ride report.
I’ll be riding in it June 7th at NJMP Lightning...can’t wait!! This thing feels so much better than my other off the rack cowhide suit. Makes such a big difference when the suit is lighter and made to fit.

·
Mod of the North
32,045 Posts
That looks great! I've never worn the kangaroos leather but have read many good reviews. We have a shop here near Toronto who does custom leathers but nothing that advanced. Great find.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks great! I've never worn the kangaroos leather but have read many good reviews. We have a shop here near Toronto who does custom leathers but nothing that advanced. Great find.
Kangaroo is 30% lighter than cowhide and supposed to be just as strong,

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ridden in the suit twice so far. The first time I realized that the tether port for my airbag was installed too high and this was causing the airbag to bunch up inside. I brought it to the attention of Rob at Bison and he quickly addressed the issue and paid to have it fixed.
The second time I wore the suit, I ran PB at NYST. That can not only be attributed to the suit comfort but the magnesium wheels I added as well.

Either way they provide is top notch customer service on excellent products. They have a customer for the foreseeable future.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of folks around here swear by them. If I didn't have a 1yr old A-star, that's probably the route I'd go.
Several locals have Bison and have heard nothing but good. My A*stars Atem is only a few years old but I'd look at Bison for the next one.
I love my suit and the customer service is an awesome bonus.

When you’re ready let me know I’ll give you a 10% discount code.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You get some type of credit for that or something? Seems everyone who talks up Bison is trying to stuff a discount code in your pocket.
Yes sir you are correct. It’s a win win for the discount codes…the customer gets a discount and I get a small credit toward more Bison gear. They really have a smart business model and it’s working cuz they are doing well.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Resurrecting < 1yo custom suit thread isn't too bad... They dont come up that often.

I been wanting a custom suit since I started riding track bc I have a unique body type. I’m somewhat short and stocky not the best combo for suits in my experience.
Me, too. I'm dealing with a serious dad bod right now and pushing mid 50's ain't helping.
It's funny I'm doing the measurements cause I'm in the market for a custom suit and I'm like XL waist, L chest, S inseam, M sleeve... my thighs are tight in a 42.
It's like I was made with the leftover parts from the scrap yard. WTF!!!

How is the Bison track suit holding up?
I'm seriously thinking about Roo leather. this'll likely be the last set of full leathers I purchase...

gathering a list of custom suit builders and it's staggering how many there are and how all over the place experience has been with the whole custom suit procedure...
Mithos, Scud, Vanson, Bison, Mass, OneX, AGV, Vircos, RS taichi and plus racing...

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
421 Posts
I have an RS Taichi suit but it’s an off the rack version made specifically for the US/Euro markets. Trust me when I state few Americans are getting into a JDM suit. I tried. At more than one shop in Tokyo.

My RS Taichi suit is a 4XL in JDM sizing. I only stand at 5’9” and tip the scales at 205-210. Kind of more ex athlete/dad bod going on. My Taichi suit fits amazing every where save the inseam. At least from the knees down. Well, more like below the shin armor. On the bike it isn’t an issue.

I’ve worn their stuff for almost 20 years now. I swear by them too. I’ve never tried a product of theirs that did not live up to the hype. I have several pairs of their gloves, boots, under suits and jackets. All are extremely high quality and durably made/built.

All of their track oriented gear meets or exceeds MJF certification requirements (that’s the Japanese motor racing standard) which are pretty much on par with ECE certified stuff.

I can’t speak for their custom made suits but I dealt with MotoLiberty in Texas when I ordered mine. They were great to deal with and the suit fit pretty much perfectly when I received it. The only downside being the extra length described above.

I don’t know what a Buffalo suit is going for but an off the rack, top of the line Taichi suit is roughly $3K US on average. Half again more if you’re adding the air bag suit option.(buying with the air bag included)
Home - Motoliberty

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have an RS Taichi suit but it’s an off the rack version made specifically for the US/Euro markets. Trust me when I state few Americans are getting into a JDM suit. I tried. At more than one shop in Tokyo.

My RS Taichi suit is a 4XL in JDM sizing. I only stand at 5’9” and tip the scales at 205-210. Kind of more ex athlete/dad bod going on. My Taichi suit fits amazing every where save the inseam. At least from the knees down. Well, more like below the shin armor. On the bike it isn’t an issue.
4XL is a US50 according to their size chart. wow.
I'd probably feel comfortable in a XLW or XXL but the knee pucks would be at my ankles!!! LOL.

I really think custom suits are the way to go for people like us or me in particular... But I don't want one that feels heavy and bulky. My previous Heroic suit feels heavy. I want one that feels quality like the Taichi stuff! Lightweight flexible. That's why I want to do kangaroo leather. (BTW Bison is just the name of the company. They use cowhide or kangaroo leather)

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Resurrecting < 1yo custom suit thread isn't too bad... They dont come up that often.

Me, too. I'm dealing with a serious dad bod right now and pushing mid 50's ain't helping.
It's funny I'm doing the measurements cause I'm in the market for a custom suit and I'm like XL waist, L chest, S inseam, M sleeve... my thighs are tight in a 42.
It's like I was made with the leftover parts from the scrap yard. WTF!!!

How is the Bison track suit holding up?
I'm seriously thinking about Roo leather. this'll likely be the last set of full leathers I purchase...

gathering a list of custom suit builders and it's staggering how many there are and how all over the place experience has been with the whole custom suit procedure...
Mithos, Scud, Vanson, Bison, Mass, OneX, AGV, Vircos, RS taichi and plus racing...
I only got to wear my custom kangaroo suit for 8 track days bc on the 8th one I crashed at about 140 and retired bc of the injuries. Suit held up great (I’ll take some pics later) and I’d hate to see how my body would have faired if I wasn’t wearing an airbag.
If you play your cards right you can get the Bison Suit for 20% off like I did. Once a year they do a “Sponsorship” event where they choose track day guys who they want to give this big discount to so you can help advance the brand. Pretty smart actually bc it essentially forces a whole slew of people to purchase new suits. The kangaroo felt so much better/lighter than my cowhide suit and the custom cut made putting it on and off easier too, I could get in and out of it alone as opposed to the cowhide suit. Going this route also forced me to stay in shape bc I spent $1400 on that suit with the discount there was no way I was going to let myself go and not fit into my new suit. Rob, the owner of Bison, was just a text away whenever I needed something throughout/after the process as well which was nice. I have nothing but good things to say about Bison and their suits/people.
All that said, I’ve heard a lot of good things about 4SR as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sry to hear that... I'm one crash away from that point as well. 🤔
Thanks man. I’m going to get mine repaired this year and more than likely sell it. I don’t see myself getting back to the track anytime soon and it’s just collecting dust. Someone should be dragging this suit around corners so it can do what it was intended to.
I was 170lbs at 5’7” with a muscular build if that sounds like it works for anyone reading this. I have the actually measurements from the fitting somewhere as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Another option you might consider I’d Pilot. I have no experience with their products other than trying on a suit at the track. While the suit was supposed to fit a 5’10” 195 lb rider, that rider apparently had skinny legs! I couldn’t get the suit on past my knees.

What I took note of during that experience was how well put together things were. This was a suit for an Aprilia racer/race team and looked the business. Unfortunately it just plain did not fit. Wish it had because for the quality and the price it was an incredible deal.

·
Registered
421 Posts
4XL is a US50 according to their size chart. wow.
I'd probably feel comfortable in a XLW or XXL but the knee pucks would be at my ankles!!! LOL.
That checks. Thing is, my normal suit or uniform size is a 46 short. The Taichi suit fits everywhere save for the extra leg length. It isn’t a bother and not an issue on the bike at all….just one of those longing for a custom suit observations.

When I placed my order with MotoLiberty I gave my suit and jeans size over the phone along with my height & weight and they took care of ordering the correct size for me. For a sight unseen fit, using only the most basic of measurements they knocked it out of the park.

Also, the Taichi suit is Japanese cow hide. The graphics are printed on so that helps in keeping the suit light.
Outerwear Jersey Active pants Sleeve Waist

This is kind of a black & white of what my suit looks like. Replace the dark grays with red and you’d get the idea. All the graphics are print as stated before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts