Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thanks man. I’m going to get mine repaired this year and more than likely sell it. I don’t see myself getting back to the track anytime soon and it’s just collecting dust. Someone should be dragging this suit around corners so it can do what it was intended to.
I was 170lbs at 5’7” with a muscular build if that sounds like it works for anyone reading this. I have the actually measurements from the fitting somewhere as well.
anything to take away from the crash you'd care to share? (I tried a search and didn't find much)
I'm always trying to learn...

I'm about the same size but my waist is dangerously close to my chest!!! lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😒

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
anything to take away from the crash you'd care to share? (I tried a search and didn't find much)
I'm always trying to learn...

I'm about the same size but my waist is dangerously close to my chest!!! lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😒
I have zero recollection of that crash bc I was knocked out for a while but I definitely caused the crash myself. The coach behind me said I grabbed a handful of brake and launched myself over the bars…sucks bc I have no idea why. I hate telling the story bc the end result was me not being able to continue doing something that I loved.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just recalled that at the particular track day I had my accident that broke my collarbone, I invited an old friend that just started riding... transported both our bikes in my tiny 5ft trailer.
Super excited about showing him a great safe time...he rode novice and I was in intermediate at the time.
Crashed and left him there.... first trackday by himself... load up both bikes. He never went to another one....

On top of that my wife had just arrived to the track to visit and couldn't find me as I was taking a ride in the ambulance for my broken collarbone. She had my son with her... i feel superbad about worrying them both. (In retrospect I swear it was a blow to the back right of my helmet on the pavement that caused the helmet to crack my collarbone rather than a fall on the shoulder/arm.)

Crashing at the track isn't talked about much... sometimes i feel like it is actively discouraged on the organizations forums or social platforms which is unfortunate because people should go into it fully aware of the real risks. I think maybe that would have people ride smarter and a little safer... know better to identify the risks and manage them... whether it be riding over your head, others riding over their head, not knowing track etiquette, or your own level of fatigue.
but hell, what do I know... Yeah I know that stuff is covered in the driver's meetings...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts