Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a new gsxr 600 srad and really having a problem with getting it up on the back tire any help?????

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Change the gearing will help. Better technique blipping the throttle to use the suspension rebound to help the front get up. Last thing, you can always clutch it up. If you are new to everything as you said...shouldn't you learn how to ride first before becoming the number one stunna. Please don't say you already know "the basics" and already trying wheelies.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Before you change the gearing.. it just takes a little practice man... Don't expect to ride for miles in a day or two. You want to be around 55 MPH maybe a little more for a 600 to accomplish stand up wheelies. You want to preload the forks by decelarating before you accelerate.. this will compress the forks.. when the forks are compressed push your forks down with your body weight while standing up. This will compress the forks even more and on the rebound, give it gas... It might take a couple of times (possibly more) to get any result and to get the timming down. A 600 will be fine pulling wheelies so don't worry about power. Once you get this down you will have to get used to finding more and more heigth... it dosen't come all of a sudden.. it will feel uncomfortable for a while and like you are really ghigh, but you aren't close to be going over... when you get high enough, all of a sudden it will get really light and that is your balancing point. It takes time though man, so don't be ashamed if you don't get it right of the bat.

Sitdowns you will probably be at 8,000 rpms for your 600 (Not exactly sure, I've only owned 1000s)... you can let off the throttle a little then when the forks start to compress, just hammer it and it will start to pull up.

Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i've on and off my uncles little bikes that he started with but, i'm new to own a bike for my self. I brought this bike used and it has the works different gearing bigger rear sprocket, jet kits on the carburators d&d exasaust dude i brought it from changed the suspension so, the bike sets up higher than a normal 01 600 would. alot of people been telling me that might be a factor in it to?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i had the bike for a mounth and half now so, i might be pretty common to it now i think its time for me to step it up a little more and at least get the front tire in the air.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
katana really isn't my choice of bike they just look kinda odd to me.......so, no i haven't got that pamphlet yet but, maybe i need to check it out!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Dstrbd GSXR said:
Before you change the gearing.. it just takes a little practice man... Don't expect to ride for miles in a day or two. You want to be around 55 MPH maybe a little more for a 600 to accomplish stand up wheelies. You want to preload the forks by decelarating before you accelerate.. this will compress the forks.. when the forks are compressed push your forks down with your body weight while standing up. This will compress the forks even more and on the rebound, give it gas... It might take a couple of times (possibly more) to get any result and to get the timming down. A 600 will be fine pulling wheelies so don't worry about power. Once you get this down you will have to get used to finding more and more heigth... it dosen't come all of a sudden.. it will feel uncomfortable for a while and like you are really ghigh, but you aren't close to be going over... when you get high enough, all of a sudden it will get really light and that is your balancing point. It takes time though man, so don't be ashamed if you don't get it right of the bat.

Sitdowns you will probably be at 8,000 rpms for your 600 (Not exactly sure, I've only owned 1000s)... you can let off the throttle a little then when the forks start to compress, just hammer it and it will start to pull up.

Hope this helps a little
Yeah, help him crash quicker. Why would you tell someone who's new to bikes to start trying power wheelies at 55mph???
Starting at 55, bouncing it and then gunning it, yup, deffinitely the best way for someone to learn wheelies. Lets say he does get it up a little bit, but chases it for a while, he'll be going what, like 90 by the time he sets it down?
Not smart bro.

Go read the "wheelie 101" thread on here, or for advise from people who actually know what they're talking about and won't tell you to learn 3rd gear power wheelies, go to stuntlife.com.

Clutch it up

·
Registered
642 Posts
Got2josh said:
Yeah, help him crash quicker. Why would you tell someone who's new to bikes to start trying power wheelies at 55mph???
Starting at 55, bouncing it and then gunning it, yup, deffinitely the best way for someone to learn wheelies. Lets say he does get it up a little bit, but chases it for a while, he'll be going what, like 90 by the time he sets it down?
Not smart bro.

Go read the "wheelie 101" thread on here, or for advise from people who actually know what they're talking about and won't tell you to learn 3rd gear power wheelies, go to stuntlife.com.

Clutch it up
First off, I am just saying how I've learned... and for me reving the engine and dropping the clutch is a little more violent then the a power wheelie. So excuse me for not being perfect, I only wish I could be like you.

Maybe he should get a mountain bike so he is only going 5 miles per hour, then we are all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.