Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, new to my 2023 GSXR1000R. 3 weeks old, 1000 miles so far. I am an old timer, but still young in the seat of my new Suzy. I've had almost every brand of motorcycle (except BMW and some of the smaller specialty brands), and I have to say, that this is my 4th Suzuki, and I am liking it better than any other sport bikes I have had, which include Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, Kawasaki. In fact, all of my Suzuki's have been the best choice for the time when I bought them. 2 of the 3 Honda's were disappointments, and the Kawasaki was good for it's time, but got dated quickly with technology, and the newer ones just don't seem to fit me right. The Ducati was really uncomfortable, and way too expensive to maintain. The Yamaha's are good bikes but there are just things I like better on the Suzuki. I never had any mechanical issues with any of my Suzuki's, just changed the tires, brake pads, and did the usual mods of exhaust, tune and personal touches. The suspension, seat comfort, ability to move around on the Suzuki and the strong midrange and quick shifter, really set this apart for me and knowing that this motor is proven and reliable and doesn't have any quirks, and my mechanic can work on it, with Flash Tune and easily accessable parts OEM and aftermarket, makes it a great brand.

· Registered
5,882 Posts
Well OK!
What area are you in?
It's customary also to post a pic of your bike, and yes, we do know what a '23 Liter Bike R looks like LOL.

Welcome to the site. Hang around and post often.

· Administrator
12,443 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You say old timer and I can tell you that gray (or no) hair is well represented.

Yes, please post a picture.

• Haha
Reactions: Tinsnips

· Administrator
12,443 Posts
Nice. Is that a GSX-S 1k on the right?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. Is that a GSX-S 1k on the right?
Yes - 22 GSX-S1000GT+ My touring bike, and cold weather travel bike. I've got 8000 miles on it in 6 months. I ride almost every weekend, and take multi-day vacations from 3-4 days, as often as my wife and I can get away, and and 2 full weeks in the summer. She is getting a blue GT+ within the next month. We are trying to sell a couple of Harleys and her Yamaha MT-07, in hopes that she can stay closer to me on the GSXR, and will replace the Harley(s) for longer road trips. We have a Kendon folding 2 bike trailer, and currently trailer the sportbikes to Calif. All of our bikes have had full exhaust, but the new Suzuki's. They are getting M4 full systems (shipping this week from Texas) and dyno flash tuned within the next month.

I changed the bars, added Vortex rear sets, and a fender eliminator kit from Graves MS last week on the GSXR.

· Token Canuck
32,186 Posts
Welcome from Niagara falls. Man that looks good. Nice to see you able to share the sport with the wife.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts