Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A GSXR is my next purchase. Not sure what I am going to get yet----a 600 or 1000, but I have time to figure it out.

I saw this amazing deal on eBay and I think might be fake because the price seems WAY too good. Maybe I am wrong and some of you on here know this guy, so if so, I apologize and I'll go get it. Here is the ad and what I was emailed after I emailed questioning him about the vehicle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Suzuki-GSX-R-1000-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ230349370234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item35a1e4737a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1318

He emailed me saying:

Hello Paul,
My name is Michael Norton, i want to thank you for your interest in my 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 - $4200 . You shouldn't worry about shipping expenses, as they are included in the "Buy Now" price and that's all you will have to pay to get the vehicle.
The car is with me in Seattle WA and it will be shipped from here.
So, I have for sale a remarkable, beautiful vehicle, for those of you who like to drive and drive. This vehicle has a clean title, and it's very well maintained. No damages, scratches or hidden defects, and I have to tell you that the engine runs great !!!
Shipping will be done with DAS insured and will take 3 days to reach your address. I will pay all shipping and delivery costs (they are included in the buy it now price).
I prefer that our deal be supervised by eBay! eBay will assign an eBay representative that will receive a $ 2100 deposit, which I request to be sent first. The eBay agent will place the funds in a trust account, until they have confirmation that you've accepted the vehicle.
Please send me your eBay id, so I can let eBay know that you are interested in the vehicle, and to also add you on my pre-approved buyers list. You will receive an email from eBay, instructing you about how to make the payment. They'll release the funds to me, only after you've received and inspected the vehicle.
I really hope that I've attracted your attention and you are still interested. I look forward to any questions that you might have regarding this wonderful vehicle.
Michael

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well he called it a car in the email...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have seen this before, sounds like a huge load of bullshit to me. The price was also insanely low on the one I was looking at.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING as big as this without going in person unless you know the person or they are very reputable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the EXACT reason I wanted to check with all of you first. I was hoping one of the users on here knew him and he was an alright guy or knew of him and knew he was a scammer. Well, I guess now I know.

So, I am guessing the 2005 GSXR Anniversary is my best option. Is the anything different about the Anniversary Edition over a regular one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't

Don't do it.
For that amount of money I would not deal with strangers over the Internet. Also you will want to hear/see it running first. Make the 40 minute drive and check out the other one.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I know alot of people have had good luck with ebay. But personally I browse it and if they have a seperate website apart from ebay will be the only way I will buy from them. I got scammed before and I'll be damned if it happens again.

Pay Pal is crap too.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i hope u are not serious. the seller states, do not use buy it now. then why is it an option? why does he want u to use a different email other than the ebay email? i dont mean to insult your intelligence but my liltte sister could figure this one out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.