Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Allan and I just bought my first gsxr and it's an 07 750 black and silver with 545 miles on it and completely STOCK:headshake for $6,300 and I'm trying to figure out what kind of pipe to put on it I've always had hotbodies with my 2 previous cbr 1000rr's and Akrapovic with my previous R1 so I'm wondering whats a good one I like it too be a little loud but not as obnoxious as my hotbodies. I was also wondering if an 08 exhaust would fit an 07 with some minor adjustments??? Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1. Use the search function. This topic is discussed aalmost daily.
2. find a bike night and watch and listen to them go by.

If your gonna spend money on a pipe go for a full system and do your bike a favor. $500 is alot to spend on changing the sound. Or do like one guy here and bypass your stock cat by welding a piece of pipe to replace it to the stock can. Sounded pretty good to me.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Bruce Fabrication with a high mount. oh so sexy:pimp:

But yeah +1 for the bike night suggestion. GREAT idea. Keep in mind, as said, a slip on will give you ZERO hp gain. It's just a sound thing. If you want power you'll have to pry open your wallet on a full system and a PCIII with some dyno time to really take advantage of it.

Someone asked this question on the *other* forum and a response was-

"08/09 Model exhausts slip on to the cat, whereas the 06/07 model slip on to the headers.

The 08/09's cat is welded to the headers, may as well get 06/07 headers to go with the 06/07 slip-on

08/09 Slip-ons are pretty much worthless
"

So does that mean a full 06/07 system will fit on a 08 without major modifications? Anyone done this swap?

Good luck with the mods DaHowler and welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yoshimura r-55 hands down! for $450 slip on or full system $857 ebay motorcycle stores.

have it on my 09 gsxr it spits flames and growls nice. keep a high gear low rpm around cops tho.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
So does that mean a full 06/07 system will fit on a 08 without major modifications? Anyone done this swap?

Good luck with the mods DaHowler and welcome to the forum! :thumbup:
As far as the headers mounting to the engine I dont see a problem. But where the bolts mount the pipes under the bike may be located in slightly different areas possibly making it difficult to line up mounting bolts and whatnot. But I cant say for sure I have only a k7.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damn that bike isn't even fully broken in yet! That thing did a lot of sitting...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.