Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as I put on my first post in the new rider section Im gonna try to put a 08 gsxr 600 together. But I have a question can I put a 750 engine in the 08 600 frame? also I guess ill be needing the ecu?? and harness? for the engine, or can I use the one for the 600???

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
so as I put on my first post in the new rider section Im gonna try to put a 08 gsxr 600 together. But I have a question can I put a 750 engine in the 08 600 frame? also I guess ill be needing the ecu?? and harness? for the engine, or can I use the one for the 600???
You shouldn't need a new harness, but you do need an 08 750 ECU, and a throttle body assembly for a 750. You also may want sprockets with gearing appropriate for a 750, and a gauge cluster for the correct redline indication. A 600 cluster will work fine, and the rev limiter itself is in the ECU, so it's not that important if you don't get one.

Most earlier 600 frames require modification of the front motor mounts in order to accomodate a 750 motor. I don't know if 06 and up is a drop in replacement or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.