Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i’m new to the forum! i’ve been browsing it occasionally but i officially need the help so badly that i joined lol.

i picked up a 07 gsxr 1000 last weekend. when i’m cruising at super low rpm (2-3k) everything is fine. once i put in under load, it wont go any higher than 4k rpm.

here’s where things get tricky, when i take the bike apart and then put it back together again, it will give me one or two pulls of full power anywhere up to redline. then, after a few minutes of riding it will go back to bogging at 4k rpm.

i’ve cleaned the air filter and replaced spark plugs. i had a fear it was fuel related and now i’m almost positive that’s what it is. does this sound like a clogged fuel filter? injectors? maybe not even fuel related?

i’m super lost and craving to actually ride this thing. thanks for reading and please help me out if you can :)

· Administrator
12,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You are on the right track that clogged filters cause the symptom you mention. There are two filters on your bike, one tea bag like filter at the inlet to the pump and one high pressure filter in the plastic housing next to the fuel pump. Both can be gently back flushed. The high pressure filter is pretty expensive to replace.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tinsnips and XPOH

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

You are on the right track that clogged filters cause the symptom you mention. There are two filters on your bike, one tea bag like filter at the inlet to the pump and one high pressure filter in the plastic housing next to the fuel pump. Both can be gently back flushed. The high pressure filter is pretty expensive to replace.
by back flush, you mean cleaning it by rinsing? or…?

· Registered
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7
45 Posts
Yes, rinse and spray carby clean through high pressure filter. Buy new pickup filter.
Part #9 here, is high pressure fuel filter.
What does the fuel tank look like ?
Do a fuel flow test.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, rinse and spray carby clean through high pressure filter. Buy new pickup filter.
Part #9 here, is high pressure fuel filter.
What does the fuel tank look like ?
Do a fuel flow test.
thank you Craig, I will look into that more tomorrow. as for fuel flow test, not sure i have the capabilities for that

· Registered
615 Posts
Hi.
Be sure to inspect inside of the fuel tank for rust and mud if you will find a clogged filters. If so then flush the tank carefully. If you will found the filters are clear then inspect a tank vent tubes for bent or pinched. As first easy check get a test ride with tank cap opens a bit to check for the tank vent issue.

· Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
3,759 Posts
Fuel flow test required a bit of hose, a measuring vessel, and some jumpers. Pretty easy to do and if need be, you can purchase everything you need to do the test for about $20.

· Registered
5,882 Posts
My bank runs great and doesn’t misfire at all. But I seem to have a fuel flow issue. I think I’ll change the spark plugs lol. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts