Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mod of the North
28,840 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on the new bike. What it is worth and what it is worth to you I can't tell you. I have always preferred stock paint and ride height. The little guys with calculators and lab coats figured out the best suspension geometry and lowering for the look will decrease performance to some extent. It has also been my opinion that loud pipes attract unwanted attention from the local constabulary and in many cases give them one more thing to give you a ticket for. I'd be going back to a muffler right away. Akropovic and Yoshimura both sound great at low and higher RPMs.

That said, my advice would be to invest in some good gear - Jacket, helmet, and gloves at minimum and wear good quality boots. Second thing is to take a riding course. Yeah, you are a born natural - Ok - but there is a huge difference between being able to twist the throttle and being able to stay alive in traffic. I don't know what motorcycle licensing is like where you are but taking the course often includes the skills test and is an easy way to step up.

Ride safe & safe rides Sir.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts