Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, looking forward to reading and learning new things in the ever so awesome Suzuki world. My Dad @Spyder13 has been on here for quite a while now and well its about time I jump on board! I remember ever since I was little watching all of my family riding on motorcycles. And well, my dad Is the main and biggest reasons why and how I have been able to ride.
I have Been Riding roughly Four seasons now and have enjoyed it a ton. Definitely getting more and more dangerous now a days more than ever though. I'm young sitting at 23 beautiful Earth years. A whopping 5'5" 130lbs on a good day. Sooo,
My first bike I started out on, was a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 . It was a perfect bike for my little a** to really feel a motorcycle out, as well as understand enough dynamics and fundamentals to be able to understand how to do it smart. But, its kind not smart to want to go faster right? So, I bought a faster one lol, the first one sold&onto the second one. 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 600C .
I needed something a lot faster than the 250, I had it four a season and the ZX6 stuck with me through about 2 of those seasons. So I learned how 60-70 hp felt, and I learned a lot more on how to be a smarter rider. She was good to me. But I don't think either of those two Kows will compare to the Beautiful bike I just bought on the 3rd of July. Been saving and working and saving and working. And it has not only paid off in happiness but now I can relax and ride again! All I can do with the lovely 'virus we have going on right now, God Bless.
BUUTT,
The Third bike and my Current Bike, is a 2001 Suzuki GSXR750!
And I LOVE IT! What a jump in Speed, Sexiness and Superiority. No but, seriously, What a great bike all in all! Super happy with it! Purchased her for $3900. But, only has 8,500 miles on her. She has plenty of Life left in her, as well as she doesn't have anything done to her yet. But of course it's a 2001, so She needs some minor things for comfort-ability. Tires Next Season, Clutch Plates and Springs. And definitely need to lower it! I'm tip towing this thing, lol. So, in my eyes I feel as if this is plenty of power for me for a while. Some where in the neighborhood of 120hp, or so? And man is that a lot more safer and more comfortable than my buddies 2001 Yamaha R1 that I almost bought, it was one bad B****! & It was stupid fast, 110 in 1st gear is crazy in my eyes. I was like alright, I'm too young and dumb to own something like this. The gixxer750 was a perfect fit. Now we have 4 Suzuki's in the garage. I don't think I made a bad decision. I have always loved the Superman headlight design, as well as the design of the whole look of the bike. I was hunting and hunting and hunting for an 01-03 750 and finally got my hands on one! It's everything I could ask for in a bike!! If any body actually reads this whole thing, you should know you're awesome!(y):alien:
But Enough of me typing away, here are a few pictures of her! If You have any website links, or ideas on paint, parts, tires, anything. Maintenance or tips tricks cool and good things to know whatever feel free to comment, thanks guys..Stelvin,.
My GSXR750(2).jpg
My GSXR750(3).jpg
My GSXR750(4).jpg
My GSXR750.jpg

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Nice bike. Excellent first post too!
Welcome to the R.

And, clutch plates should NOT be worn with those miles on it. It was not adjusted right, or someone 'rides the clutch'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike. Excellent first post too!
Welcome to the R.

And, clutch plates should NOT be worn with those miles on it. It was not adjusted right, or someone 'rides the clutch'
Yea when I got it, the Clutch has to be released almost all the way out before it finally starts to push the bike and I can then begin to put gas into it. So you can only imagine after riding like that for an hour and a half home was like. My hand felt so cramped, it was a tight squeeze my dad adjusted it as much as it would go on the outside of the bike. We are going to have to look inside and check it out. Who knows maybe the guy before me did burnouts and roasted the plates. I had an incident 3 days ago, I went to clutch up into 6th gear it grinded pretty hard and my hand had it the handle pulled all the way in. Maybe I didn’t kick it up hard enough.

·
Super Moderator
8,875 Posts
Welcome. The family that rides together ........

·
SuperMod of the North
25,773 Posts
Welcome Sir. Great find! Blue ones are faster. Enjoy the site.

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's my boy. We still need to download, and print a manual for it. Need to see if it has the "rod" adjustment for the clutch. I know mine doesn't, and don't know what year they started doing that. If it doesn't? He needs a new clutch. It grabs good and tight, but it is WAY out on the limit of the lever. I'll get her figured out, and dialed in one way or the other.
Other than the minor clutch issue, it runs perfect. Pulls hard though out the entire rev range.
Thank you all for the warm welcome of my son. Wish him luck...

Reactions: Stelvin

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Welcome!! And congrats on the new ride!

I have to ask what is NKAWTG I tried to figure it out and I can’t....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome!! And congrats on the new ride!

I have to ask what is NKAWTG I tried to figure it out and I can’t....

Apparently it stands for Never Kill Again With Out Tank Gas
idk people are strange.😂

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Apparently it stands for Never Kill Again With Out Tank Gas
idk people are strange.
Yep that is definitely strange...I never understood why people put such things out there that NO ONE else in the world has any idea what they are looking at.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Welcome to the R, beautiful machine! And yes I read it all the way thru so now I'm awesome too :LOL:

Reactions: Stelvin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank You everyone you guys are great, this is pretty cool. To be able to see and hear about new things when it comes to not only Suzukis but Motorcycles in general! Appreciate all of the warm welcomes
as well as the compliments on the bike.

Reactions: Spyder13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts