Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Brand new to the site this being my first post.

I recently totaled my 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged with every bolt on possible because I got cut off by 3 kids street racing and am getting a fatty check from State Farm next week where I am planning on picking up a Suzuki GSX-R of some kind :)

As far as experience goes I have only ridden a bike twice not really going over 25MPH.

I looked at bikes all day yesterday at Motor City Power Sports here in Mi and sat on all the brands eventually finding my way to what I thought was the best looking, feel and just overall bad ass 2008/2009 GSX-R 600's, 750's and 1000's and have decided its going to be something along those lines.

So I figured I'd come on here and get to know everybody, maybe get some help with picking out my first bike and seeing what ya'll thought!

·
Administrator
5,586 Posts
:hello::welcome: 1 take the MSF course
2 Take it easy be safe
3 You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience the trick is to fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck is empty.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
+1

First get what you want on size that is. Bunch of folks will say start off on something small, I say start off on what you are cumfy with.

Welcome and you will love whatever GSXR you get.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
+1

First get what you want on size that is. Bunch of folks will say start off on something small, I say start off on what you are cumfy with.

+1

alot of people say dont get a 1000 as a first bike, i say if you dont act stupid get what you want, its not the bike thats dangerous its the rider...

·
Registered
914 Posts
+1

alot of people say dont get a 1000 as a first bike, i say if you dont act stupid get what you want, its not the bike thats dangerous its the rider...
+1 to that!!!!the bike only does what you tell it too. just be safe and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the advice!

Yeah a few people have said 1000 is to big but I know I can trust my self and if I'm gonna buy a brand new bike I may as well get the power so when I am ready for it it's there.

Now I just need to decide What year 1000 I want.

I really liked the 2009.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'd go with the 750. It's the most fun out of the three bikes. Got the power of the mighty 1000 and the cornering ability of the 600.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1

+1 welcome to the site... i have to agree no matter what size cc ur gonna be happy on gsxr... :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.