Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 98 GSXR750 an upgrade from my 750 Vulcan. And have been running it for about a week and now i'm having problem's with it. i'm woundering if any one can help me out.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Aloha! Nice ride you picked up. What seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was told that it was low on oil so my cousin put some in, well he put to much in, it was over the glass after i broke down. the bike started studdering and lost all power so me and a friend was looking at it on the side of the high way and noticed there was to much oil so i said fouled plugs.. loaded it up in my truck took it home, drained the oil and put new in. got new plugs made sure they where gaped right. put them in and the bike will fire but wont start. i've taken the fuel rail off just to check make sure it was getting fuel. put the injectors back on the raid to see if they would spray 1 out of the 4 had alittle spray but not much so i was thinking cloged injectors. got 4 used one's from a friend and installed them. still no luck there not spraying either so i have no idea what's up with the bike now. It will turn over and i can hear the relays clicking and the fuel pump turning on but other than that it's not wanting to start.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome to the party.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
"he put too much in"- How much is too much? Some of the stunt guys I've read put an extra half qt. in to make sure the pickup doesn't suck air when they're up on one. You'd really have to mess up to put so much oil in it would hurt the engine. "so I said foulded plugs" How did they look when you swapped them?

Ok back to the fuel rail. Are you getting little to no fuel from the newly installed injectors? Does it seem to be functionin the same as the originals? Could be the pump. Fuel pressure regulator operating set pressure should be ~41 psi.

For the fuel tank, post up a WTB (want to buy) request in the correct forum, Wanted section, so people can read it and respond if they have one to sell. Your best bet is Ebay. Keep us posted. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright here is some pic's of the bike.

As for how much he put in. I drained out 5 quarts of oil out of the bike so he put in almost 2 full quarts of oil. What type of tool do i need to get to test the presure on the fuel rail? yeah the injectors I put in are acting just like the otherone's I took out so I dont belive it to be the injectors. I got an ohm's meter today from a friend so i can test all the curents and make sure there putting out like they should. I need to find out under the Fglass under the seat's there is the 30amp fuse under plastic what is the ohm's for that front and back?

As for the plugs I took out they wernt that bad. I have seen alot worse. I was told to spray just a hit of starting fluid in the air box to see if it would start I havent done it yet cause I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about that?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I got an ohm's meter today from a friend so i can test all the curents and make sure there putting out like they should. I need to find out under the Fglass under the seat's there is the 30amp fuse under plastic what is the ohm's for that front and back?
Im not sure you quite understand what an Ohm meter is for. To check Ohms you check it with the circuit DEAD, ohms simply tell you how much resistance is in a circuit. To check a fuse you want to check for continuity, just put the meter on each end of the fuse, if you have continuity the fuse is good, if you dont its bad. Continuity just tells you the circuit is complete. Depending on what kind of meter it is it will have settings for alternating current/AC (~V on the meter) and direct current/DC (-V on the meter), obviously on the bike you want the DC/-V setting on the meter. You can use this to make sure your getting proper voltage where you should be.

Im not sure what you mean by the "front and back" of the fuse.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Injector resistance is 11-16Ω @ 68F

Fuel pressure: Special tool needed Suzuki PN#09940-40210 Fuel Pressure Gauge Adapter
Contact your local shop for verfication.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same on your bike but on a 2001 750 it was under the seat and in front of the right clip on.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
welcome 2 da site

Could be wrong but can’t you blow gaskets ect.. if it’s to full
I know in a car it could possibly blow the seals around your pistons.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone would contact me so i can explane my problem with my bike over the phone with them i will be more than willing to pst ya my # maybe talking to some one on the phone "prefer some one that know's the 98 gsxr750" that would prob be a life saver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright i had my tester on the wrong setting. i'm getting 8.24 on both center injectors and 8.12 on the outer 2. But it the injectors only get a reading when i first turn the key on. even when i hit the start button they get nothing so i'm woundering if it really is my wiring harness..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright guys help me out here i'm trying to post in the WTB forum's for a rectifier for my 98 gsxr 750 and the site wont let me. maybe it's cause i dont have enought post's but anyways if any one reads this and has one laying around they dont need could ya let me know please. i found out that, that's the reason i dont have a running bike atm. i've checked ebay and there is one there for 120$ but i dont have that kind of money on me. the most i can get right now is like 40$ seeing's how i dont have a job right now. so any help at all would be great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.