Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANNOUNCING – A New Track Date on JULY 3rd at Monticello Motorclub!

This event is not to be missed as we debut this state of the art facility to motorcyclists for the 1st Time.

Monticello Motorclub is a private, members only facility that is NOT open to the public and usually has some of the most exotic cars around doing the laps.

Come on and check this track out which has impeccable pavement, great flowing corners, elevation changes and a fantastic facility.

We have worked with the track and have added some additional protection to make it “motorcycle friendly”.

We are offering a Limited Number of riders to come so track density will not be an issue.

Since the event date is so close we are offering you to come and preview the South Course Track for ONLY $125

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I booked 6 track days at this track with NESBA only to have them pull out cause the track was unsafe 5 days before the event. What changes were made to make this track safe for bikes. It is less than an hour from my house and I would love to RIDE on it!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STT also cancelled thier first event due to lack of soft barriers in the impact zones, The track has worked really hard to install tire blocks and other soft barriers, as well as positioning them in zones appropriate for motorcycles.

To quote Monte
"A small portion was moved and they installed tire barriers in a several area. IMO, the armco does not pose any greater risk than it does at most tracks and less than a couple that are used by major orgs. We will keep working with Monticello to make more changes."

"Honestly, best thing to do is have a look in person and check it out."

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Ok I am in there just booked the day. I hope all is well with the track cause it is the closest one to my house. One hour away!!!:thumbup: Maybe the other organizations will start using it now if this day goes well.:arsenal

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok I am in there just booked the day. I hope all is well with the track cause it is the closest one to my house. One hour away!!!:thumbup: Maybe the other organizations will start using it now if this day goes well.:arsenal
that sweet only 30 miles from middletown...its close enough if my wife goes into labor i'll have ample amount of time to get back - here is the map of the course

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I am hearing allot of negative talk regarding STT's decision to have a track day at Monticello. I don't care if they have jagged rocks and spiked guard rails and armed snipers waiting to pick you off once you leave the track surface. I will like this track!!!:thumbup::arsenal It will be so nice to drive 1 hour to a track. Making that 3 hour drive to NJMP is getting OLD!!!!;) I hope once the day goes well that other organizations start using it and you won't be seeing me on the street.:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Monti is open

This just in: Monticello is open. TPM has 2 days there aug 17th & aug 18th. STT has dates there in sept and oct!!! I just booked aug 18th, the north course. I did the south already and it is time too see what the north has to offer. TPm will have over 20 dates there next season.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sport bike track time just added Labor Day weekend sept 6,7 (sun,Mon)

Sun on south and Mon on the bigger faster north course.

If you havent ridden this track yet, you will love it.:arsenal

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This just in: Monticello is open. TPM has 2 days there aug 17th & aug 18th. STT has dates there in sept and oct!!! I just booked aug 18th, the north course. I did the south already and it is time too see what the north has to offer. TPm will have over 20 dates there next season.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
If all goes well STT will run the Full 4.1 mile 22 turn course in oct.

I would sign up for that one early.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Monti is all that

I just did the north course at Monticello.........it was awesome!!!! WE actually walked the entire track in the morning, first time I ever did that. It kinda reminds me of thunder in NJ, but some of the turns are much tighter. And more elevation changes. We all were taking it easy since it was the first time any bikes were on this track, but I was able to get up some nice speeds on that back straight away!!!! :arsenal The up hill 20 mph cork screw at the end of the straight away was banananaannaasss...........it will take me a few times to get some of those turns down. ;)

I signd up for sept 6th & 7th and the FULL course Oct 12th!!! It was sooooooooo nice to drive coming and going less than an one hour!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
OMG...............I just looked at the map of the track that Tim posted...............the back straight away connecting the north & south course looks almost 2 miles long. I will be hitting the rev limiter in 6th gear!!!!:arsenal

Goodbye bumpy dirty ass Pocono!!!:thefinger

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I just did the labor day weekend with STT at Monti. The weather was awesome both days. I left my bike and trailer there on sunday and just drove up in the AM on monday. SOOOO nice just being 1 hour away. BUT I must admit I was not feeling the North course run counter-clock wise. I couldn't get right all monday. If I never had of done it THE RIGHT way, clock wise, it would not have been an issue. Anyway I am still looking forward to doing the FULL COURSE in oct which will be run clock wise!!!:thumbup::bowdown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.