Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
My name is Isagani, I live in New Hampshire and go to the University of New Hampshire. I started riding last September on a 81 CB750 and now I have upgraded to my first GSXR this past weekend. I was just curious what other people thought and I have a bunch of questions. Like: Where can I find info about these bikes, mine is an 88 GSXR 750. The guy on craigslist posted it as a "Slingshot" What does this mean and how do I tell if it really is a Slingshot? Also, on the fairing it says HyperSports, is this a model of GSXR? I just don't know much about bike and models and what different options there were for an 88. I like to know as much as I can about the stuff that I own, I'm just having trouble finding the info. Also, is it possible to get the owner's manual for the bike somewhere? Possibly as a PDF? I need to know simple stuff like, tire pressures and what gas to run and what settings to use on the fuel petcock and stuff. There is so much information in those owners manuals you know? Also, does anyone know anything about odometers? On the main odometer only the tenths role over so it is stuck at 10999.X where X changes and also the little pin that you spin to reset the trip odometer is missing, are these easy fixes by any chance? Any references would be greatly appreciated. And just so you guys know, I took her about 150-170 miles yesterday and it ran great and was a blast to ride.

Here are some pics of it at the "dealership".

And here is one of the CB if you're interested:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, the muffler is an aftermarket (I assume) Vance and Hines and it is just incredibly loud and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to quiet it down or another cheap muffler to throw on there. I know some people are going to say that loud pipes save lives! but loud pipes also make your friends put you in the back all day long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts