Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Highsided my 750 Sept 6...what a sad day it was. Thank God for gear and full coverage. I didn't get seriously hurt and got paid quite well for the bike and accessories.

The bike is currently torn down. I sold the TaylorMade and bought an M4. Bought vortex clip ons, rear sets. Motion pro rev 2. R6 brembo mc. New FP lever. Full painted fiberglass track fairings from Auctmarts. Woodcraft sliders and spools. -1 +1 sprocket set up renthal/sunstar.

Here's the bike how it sits now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dayam..lots to do here sir
Yessirr there is.. I'm using this project as a way to learn my way around a bike. I'm the guy that paid someone to put a windscreen on...not anymore!! im going to do all the work to this bike. With the help of a couple friends of course, but the garage will be my classroom this winter.

Damn doesn't look near as bad as mine. Lol...
It wasn't really that bad when I crashed here's what it looked like on the side of the road. The brake side took the hit. The frame slider is bent into the bike actually, can't get that damn thing off. The clutch side was completely untouched. Insurance totaled it out and it only cost me about $1500 to buy all the parts to fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah not that bad.. Check out my build thread I started.. If you need any help with anything let me know... Are bikes are the same pretty much..

Hey how many miles does your bike have? Since your making it a track bike you should be a good friend and sell me your forks.. Pleeeeeeeaaaaassssse... Lol

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL! I don't see myself spending $2G on forks anytime soon bud, most likely gonna do gold valves and respring only. Kinda wish I would have bought the suspension from aspens bike being that I'm the same weight as him.

Bike has 11K miles and thanks for the offer I may take you up on that!

·
Registered
511 Posts
LOL! I don't see myself spending $2G on forks anytime soon bud, most likely gonna do gold valves and respring only. Kinda wish I would have bought the suspension from aspens bike being that I'm the same weight as him.

Bike has 11K miles and thanks for the offer I may take you up on that!
Daaaaaaammmn.. Lol.. I don't want to have to wait on my forks to get redone.. I might just pick up a second set off eBay.

Oooooohhh 2g's isn't that much, you could make that in a couple hours selling yourself on the streets in Manhattan or shit even the Bronx

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yea NY you might have to invest in some reverse drill bits. Were you can drill it out. It's hard to see from the picture even when I zoom in.. Don't worry though, were there's a will there's a way. Just be patient.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daaaaaaammmn.. Lol.. I don't want to have to wait on my forks to get redone.. I might just pick up a second set off eBay.

Oooooohhh 2g's isn't that much, you could make that in a couple hours selling yourself on the streets in Manhattan or shit even the Bronx
LOL!! I'd wind up getting accosted by a Gorilla Pimp if I went out there on the Independent tip!

Looking forward to seeing this build progress. Always excited to see K6 K7 600 750 team builds :thumbup:

That damn slider was fuqed up man.
Yes sir it was, and still is. I cut the puck and the aluminum sleeve off now getting the bolt itself unbent and out is gonna be fun. Gonna try a torch and steel pipe to unbend it and it's already loose so should come right out once it's straight.

Yea NY you might have to invest in some reverse drill bits. Were you can drill it out. It's hard to see from the picture even when I zoom in.. Don't worry though, were there's a will there's a way. Just be patient.
That will be the last resort for sure. I will get it done!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Gorilla Pimp.. Lmfao... Gotta show him yo pimp hands strong. Bahahahahaha..

I've been researching this valve and spring you speak of. Might go that route too with some new seals. Then just gots to find a good deal on a rear shock. Olhins wants to bend you over. Sweet jeezus. I know there good but I'm not trying to win a fawkin competition. Lol.. Just want a smoother tighter ride.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yea that seems to be the cheapest route for better feel up front. They make the same stuff for the rear as well. I've also been looking at the Ohlins For Piston Kit. I don't know of anyone that uses it tho I usually see people running the Racetech GVs.

I'm also considering raising the rear and getting fork extenders. This supposed to make the bike handle better.

All I know is I've ridden a few newer bikes since my crash and they seem so much tighter and smoother that it almost makes riding my 750 feel like it's pre historic in the suspension world. Definitely need to upgrade it before track season starts.

There's a WP rear shock on eBay looks nice. Edit: Just went to look again and it's gone.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah the gold valve kit with race tech springs isn't really that much plus new seals, and dust seals. I've researched and everyone is saying that doing the rear shock also isn't worth it. The cost is expensive, you might as well get an aftermarket shock. I was looking at race techs GS3 shock. Ohlins has some nice rear shocks but damn, there hella expensive. I would consider it if I was heavy into tracking the bike. If I could get the front done and a rear shock for under $1500 I'd be happy.. I watched 2 videos on how to do the front forks. One was just doing the seals without taking the forks off the bike on a cbr I believe then the other video was installing the 30mm cartridge kit on a r1.. What makes it difficult is not having the right tools. If you get on race techs website and search products for specific bike it'll show the price of everything you can buy. Tools also. I swear you'd spend like $500 in tools.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just wrote on your thread regarding this. Yea I'm thinking that the valves and springs are cheapest up front. i think I'm gonna buy a used rear shock on eBay next time I see one for around $500. The WP one that was on there was about that price and I hesitated and it's gone!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I agree with you on the valves and springs.. I looked at race tech again today. Not really that bad. I've been looking for used rear shocks, aftermarket that is.. You would think since the season is over that more race parts would be for sale. Maybe we can get lucky.

I found a race tech facility near me. Well it's about an hour away but hey that's not bad if they could knock the forks out in the same day..

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea my boy knows how to get eBay to notify him when a new item he's looking for gets listed. I'm gonna have him give me a tutorial and then I'll keep watch. That one you sent me is perfect but a little out of my price range right now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hmmmmm....... Yeah I saw that and was like ooooooooooooooooooo.... Then I sent it to you. I would like to have it but at the same time need to get the 750 in first. Plus from what I read the rear shock on our bike spring can handle weight of up to 210lbs roughly, I'm guessing that's as far as setting the sag properly.. The front springs not so much. So from what I'm understanding is you can change just the spring out to your weight and the stock valving should be enough for beginner settings.. Been trying to educate myself on setting up suspensions just so I know how to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quick story about this build. Found a set of Vortex rearsets on eBay, they were version 1. Called vortex to see if they have replacement parts for them, spoke to a guy who told me "yes" and even went over the parts I needed with me. Next day I buy them. A week later when I receive them, I call back and ask for the same guy who then asks me, " do they have two piece/adjustable shift/brake levers" I proceed to tell him no they don't. He says sorry we DONT make them anymore. Well needless to say I was pretty upset being that I only bought them bc he told me they had the parts I need. Anyway now to the reason of this rambling. They have an exchange program where I sent the outdated set for the V2 set for halo price. Still wound up spending close to retail but now they are brand new.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I def appreciate the heads up, thank you! Yea I'm not fast enough on the track to really warrant any major suspension upgrades right now, but I do think I'll benefit from a valve and spring upgrade. I had my suspension set up for my weight right before the track day in August, then crashed the weekend before my next day. Dammit!

1 - 20 of 238 Posts