Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's on hold for now... I figured might as well run the miles up on the 600 motor then swap. I wanted to get my brakes and suspension redone before I throw the 750 in. So as of right now it's still wrapped up and in the crate it got shipped in.. Plus I'm saving up for a 2011 M3, and I've been kinda lazy as far as the bike goes. Lol.. It's been running solid right now so I've just been enjoying it and this nice weather we've been having(low to mid 70's)....

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
It's on hold for now... I figured might as well run the miles up on the 600 motor then swap. I wanted to get my brakes and suspension redone before I throw the 750 in. So as of right now it's still wrapped up and in the crate it got shipped in.. Plus I'm saving up for a 2011 M3, and I've been kinda lazy as far as the bike goes. Lol.. It's been running solid right now so I've just been enjoying it and this nice weather we've been having(low to mid 70's)....
Nice, I love the M3! I'm very jealous of the weather you have out there. It's been pretty cold here. Today it's 55 but due to the sand/salt on the roads i won't be riding until spring.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Update on my undertail: The wonderful customer service team at Auctmarts informed me that I will def have my undertail by March 1 back on Jan 25. Needless to say it's still not here. They did not apologize for the delay, they said " sometimes things happen, we are doing our best. We had 10 days off for New Year".

I'm not surprised, as this seems to be par for the course after the initial purchase. I will be happy as long as the damn thing comes before April 15 , my first track day of the season.

I picked up some Driven Axle block sliders that I'll be putting on soon. I also shipped the Penske to Thermosman yesterday.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Whatever you've run into, whatever obstacles you've been forced to overcome, you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Whatever you've run into, whatever obstacles you've been forced to overcome, you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.
Wow, that is the best thing I've heard in a long time!! Thank you my friend! I agree the bike looks amazing, I'm proud to own it and also scared to ride it bc I wanna keep it looking the way it does!!

Hope you don't mind I used your quote as a signature for my account :grin

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Wow, that is the best thing I've heard in a long time!! Thank you my friend! I agree the bike looks amazing, I'm proud to own it and also scared to ride it bc I wanna keep it looking the way it does!!

Hope you don't mind I used your quote as a signature for my account :grin
Just go out and ride the bike. Don't worry about wrecking and messing it up. Keep your focus on riding and the track. If you wreck, so be it. It is a track bike.

I wrecked mine 2 or 3 track days after I painted it. LOL!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Just go out and ride the bike. Don't worry about wrecking and messing it up. Keep your focus on riding and the track. If you wreck, so be it. It is a track bike.

Yea that's the plan. I was somewhat kidding when I wrote that. I built the bike to ride it so that's what I'm gonna do.

Damn you must have been pissed!!

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,828 Posts

This is really good advice. It's kind of like playing football. You can't go out there and be worried about getting hurt. When you back off and let things get into your head, that's when bad things tend to happen. If my head isn't where it needs to be, I just get off the track and try to do a mental reset. There are always a few butterflies to start but that usually goes away after about half a lap.

Getting back to it after so much time off was hard last year but things didn't start to click until I stopped thinking about it and just rode.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yea that's the plan. I was somewhat kidding when I wrote that. I built the bike to ride it so that's what I'm gonna do.

Damn you must have been pissed!!
I was a little pissed at first, but then I thought it was just a track bike. Most track bikes don't look perfect. It was my first wreck and only a lowside, so it wasn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
This is really good advice. It's kind of like playing football. You can't go out there and be worried about getting hurt. When you back off and let things get into your head, that's when bad things tend to happen. If my head isn't where it needs to be, I just get off the track and try to do a mental reset. There are always a few butterflies to start but that usually goes away after about half a lap.

Getting back to it after so much time off was hard last year but things didn't start to click until I stopped thinking about it and just rode.
I bet it was really hard for you. I'm assuming you're not married, bc if I got hurt like you did and then tried to ride the track again I'd be divorced! I completely understand why you came back.

I have a lot to learn and will take my time getting there. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

I was a little pissed at first, but then I thought it was just a track bike. Most track bikes don't look perfect. It was my first wreck and only a lowside, so it wasn't too bad.
Glad to hear it wasn't too bad. I'm prepping her to crash well but we can only hope for the best. I got the driven axle block sliders and will add some woodcraft fork sliders at some point.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
The bike is officially DONE!!!! I did it in spite of Auctmarts not sending me what they owe me, and since it doesn't look like they will ever make good on their promises it's gonna have to do.

Today we mounted the undertail, which is cracked in 2 places and really doesn't fit all that well, but it works. I then put on some eazi grip Evo tank grip which I got from orient express.
Then we put the driven axle block sliders, and the Penske triple in as well. Thermosman refreshed and set the shock up and after a short test ride today I am so stoked for the track!!!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Still adding to the bike as my budget allows. I installed GB Case Covers already and These things just added to the install over the winter list. Ohlins fork internals with extenders, Cordona PQ8 Quickshifter, Bazzaz zfi, and Pirelli Supercorsa SPs.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Looks good man. Winter is definitely the time to get er done.
Im building right now as well, except Ill have to do paint work uff.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Looks good man. Winter is definitely the time to get er done.
Im building right now as well, except Ill have to do paint work uff.
Thanks, I am hopefully done buying things for this bike after this winter....hopefully! Paint work is something I have never attempted but I'm considering trying it on my next set of track glass.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,727 Posts
Hopefully see you at NJMP next year. Planning on being there for 2 rounds in mid summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Hopefully see you at NJMP next year. Planning on being there for 2 rounds in mid summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I'll be there for both rounds..my boy is racing CCS this year so I'll be there for sure!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
New additions Ohlins damper and Moto D STS system.

I wanna say I'm done after this.......however lying to myself is not something I like to do. :grin

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
New additions Ohlins damper and Moto D STS system.

I wanna say I'm done after this.......however lying to myself is not something I like to do. :grin
I hear ya. I could throw 10k at my bike in one night if I was wealthy.
Those BST wheels are eating at me right now. Bonus time is March 14th. Or I'll get the front next week and the rear later...decisions decisions :|

Nice dampner, I just got a wheel stand. All easy except getting that last bead off the rear wheel, what a pain in the ass.

I still have my stock electric dampner up front. I wonder how good they are compared to aftermarket. :0001136745-huh:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I hear ya. I could throw 10k at my bike in one night if I was wealthy.
Those BST wheels are eating at me right now. Bonus time is March 14th. Or I'll get the front next week and the rear later...decisions decisions :|

Nice dampner, I just got a wheel stand. All easy except getting that last bead off the rear wheel, what a pain in the ass.

I still have my stock electric dampner up front. I wonder how good they are compared to aftermarket. :0001136745-huh:
Maybe wait for someone to sell a set for your bike and pick them up....I'm all about second hand parts! About the STS stand it's actually a Strapless Transport Stand that holds the bike securely while trailering it...no more straps. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it work with my Kendon trailer and Driven axle block sliders...where there's a will there is a way..usually. I'm pretty sure the aftermarket dampers are better than stock but mostly for adjustability..I wouldn't have replaced mine but when I saw this deal I had to get it.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
Had a very productive trip to MDM in Pennsylvania, then straight to Bauce Racing in NJ on the way home...Had MDM install Ohlins fork internals (20MM FPK with .95 springs)with extenders and then geometrically set the old girl up to carve corners better than it does already. Then straight over to Bauce where they installed Bazzaz ZFI/TC (amazing clearance deal on Motosport) and then onto the Dyno where we got a final number of 129.58hp..I'm rounding it up to 130 lol. Not bad for a 10 yr old bike with a Scorpion slip on with mid pipe and Pipercross filter.

I sold my Cordona QS and Bazzaz ZFI when I saw the deal on the Bazzaz TC...I always wanted one!

Needless to say I'm super excited to rip this bike down the track!! I sure don't need any of this stuff but the process is so much fun for me that spending all this $$ is alright cuz it makes me :grin:grin:grin

201 - 220 of 248 Posts