Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Always liked that bike. Good to see the old girl getting some love. Well done Sir.
Thank you very much Tin that is appreciated. She’s been really good to me this season so she deserved it. I finally made some progress at the track and moved up in the ranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I've always loved the look of your bike NY!

Are those the new fairings from them? Did they some with all the decals, etc?

Either way, that bike looks awesome! So professional like.

You're a pro aren't you? Yeah, Naw- you're a Pro man!

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
I've always loved the look of your bike NY!

Are those the new fairings from them? Did they some with all the decals, etc?

Either way, that bike looks awesome! So professional like.

You're a pro aren't you? Yeah, Naw- you're a Pro man!
Thank you very much Todd that is appreciated.

Yes the new fairing kit is from Auctmarts and came just as it’s pictured. I must say they do a great job painting and they only charge $100 extra for a custom paint job. The decals are under the clear and everything...very professional.

Lol this bike set up makes me look a lot faster than I am...I’m trying I’ll tell you that.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Thank you very much Todd that is appreciated.

Yes the new fairing kit is from Auctmarts and came just as it’s pictured. I must say they do a great job painting and they only charge $100 extra for a custom paint job. The decals are under the clear and everything...very professional.

Lol this bike set up makes me look a lot faster than I am...I’m trying I’ll tell you that.

Yeah/Naw (Ozzyman Reviews-YouTube)- That is one professional looking bike there! You sir, you are a Pro! The 'Expert' sticker is right there plain as day! Strong Work NY.
Own it! It's you, it fits, and that is that! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
More goodies arrived in the mail. I love technology when it brings me joy in the form of racing products.

This little bleeder valve is so trick. Goes on the Brembo and it’s a fancy speed bleeder.

The subframe is in the garage already. I happened to get it used for a good price so I couldn’t pass it up. I’ll post pics of it when I start the tear down.

In the process of repairing my zx6r so the lift is occupied.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Ooh I might need a speed bleeder for my Brembo master too... Where did you source?
No question...you definitely need one!

I went directly to Stahlbus USA bc the original one I got from MotoMillion didn’t work properly and they didn’t follow through on the replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Tore the bike down to mount the subframe and realized the PO must have crashed it before he sold it bc it needs some bending.
Going to start the chain and sprocket change tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Chain, sprockets and rear wheel bearings/seals changed. I’ve never done either before so I’m feeling pretty good about myself right about now. Lol. Having the right tools makes a huge difference. Removing bearings was still a huge PITA but I kept at it and got it done. Doing the work myself is something I will always do now bc these bearings were chewed up something serious bc they were in too far I believe so now I know they are proper,

Motion pro Jumbo chain tool w/quad stake rivet kit.

Motion pro bearing and seal driver kit.

RK GxW 520 all 120 links for geometry.
45T Supersprox
16T Driven front

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
That is pretty! Nice clean work Sir.
Thank you Tin. I forgot to add this. If you are anything like me and value a clean, well working ride then do yourself a favor and make sure the front sprocket cover isn’t hiding years of lube build up like mine was. I was scraping it out with a plastic razor it was gross and there was a lot of it. I then cleaned it up with simple green. Lot nicer in there now.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Thank you Tin. I forgot to add this. If you are anything like me and value a clean, well working ride then do yourself a favor and make sure the front sprocket cover isn’t hiding years of lube build up like mine was. I was scraping it out with a plastic razor it was gross and there was a lot of it. I then cleaned it up with simple green. Lot nicer in there now.

If you keep up with chain lubrications, after a while, they all have it caked it there I think.
As always, your bike looks pristine.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
If you keep up with chain lubrications, after a while, they all have it caked it there I think.
As always, your bike looks pristine.
Thank you Todd I appreciate the kind words. Cant wait to fit the new fairings gonna make this old girl feel all brand new again. I’m pretty religious with the lube being a track bike and all every little bit counts. There was 4 years worth of lube in there....nasty.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
After 5 hours of working in the garage with my boy Chris we got the subframe and new cut up battery tray installed. Then we mounted the new tail. Came out pretty sweet.

·
Mod of the North
28,883 Posts
That tail looks sweet. Are you keeping that blue and white scheme?

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 · (Edited)
That tail looks sweet. Are you keeping that blue and white scheme?
Thank you! I love the way paint work came out. Yes I got a whole new kit for the bike.
There will be more pics as I complete the swap.

Gonna put the kit that’s on the bike now in the box the new one came out of.

No one realizes this, but this new kit is from Auctmarts as a way to say they were sorry for jerking me around for 6 months.

I like them a lot more now.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
This was a very productive weekend. Removed forks and shock to ship out to Thermosman for a rebuild/refresh.
I made a conscious decision a while back to make the best use of my time, all the time, so I’m trying to make that happen.

241 - 260 of 293 Posts