Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Mod of the North
28,883 Posts
***New York with his suit on in the paddock talking to her:

***Morgan Freeman's voice "And from that day forward they were as one. A higher plain was achieved."

Outstanding Sir.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
***New York with his suit on in the paddock talking to her:

***Morgan Freeman's voice "And from that day forward they were as one. A higher plain was achieved."

Outstanding Sir.
The machine and I have definitely formed an alliance! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
So I decided to swap the R&R for a MotoHolders subframe because the latter is so much nicer and I found a deal on one.
The Auctmarts tail fitment/design was seriously subpar so after 5 track days it fell apart. I replaced that with a tail from Pascal Plast bc they incorporate the super bike tail support right into the tail. Cool design. They are in Europe if anyone is interested. The fitment was way better than Auctmarts and the quality of the glass is noticeable comparably as well. Going to fit the undertail this afternoon pics to follow. I love this game!

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Got the undertail on…I don’t want I drill anymore holes or dremel anymore fiberglass for the foreseeable future…..fitment on the Pascal Plast tail was pretty good. Like always trimming was involved but that is expected. All around I feel it came out great and better yet this set up is a lot more sturdy than the R&R.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Looks great! Nice work.
Thank you sir….this is only the second time I’ve fitted bodywork by myself so I’m happy with the results.

·
Mod of the North
28,883 Posts
I certainly can't see any but anyone who does find flaws in it are obviously behind you...and therefore - losing.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
So the new subframe/tail set up is awesome….however i apparently failed to fit the right amount of fasteners to the undertail bc the wind caught it and blew it right off the first session out.

PJ Jacobsen and Sam Lochoff are here At NJMP spinning some laps which is really cool. This is the 3rd time this year a MotoAmerica rider has been riding here while were here.

I love this game!

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 · (Edited)
So after some serious contemplation, I have decided to rebuild and keep the 750. I was going back and forth between the Daytona and the gsxr. I realized I can get a nice chunk of change for a 2014 Eslick Edition 675r with 4300 miles so I will sell that one instead.

The plan is to source a new street kit from none other than trusty old Auctmarts…yep that’s right I am going back down that road. They offered to give me a nice discount because of our history so I’m gonna pull the trigger. Seems that all aftermarket fairings come from China anyway so might as well use a company that somewhat values my opinion as opposed to one that doesn’t.

Gonna get a stock scheme and then compliment it with neon red Marchesini wheels once they are redone. Frame Straight in TN is going to repair my badly smashed up magnesium wheels.

Looking forward to getting back on a bike. Haven’t ridden since August 30 and I’m starting to fiend a little bit.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Nice NY, you might remember I had a great experience with ' NT Fairing's'. Also a Chi-com company.
Really fast shipping and they fit. They were on my Liter Bike #1.0 I re-did and sold a few years ago.

I'm hoping you'll do more track days too? Maybe easing off a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
I'm hoping you'll do more track days too? Maybe easing off a bit?
Easing off a whole lot. Track days are out unfortunately and I am ok with that….for the most part. I had my fun and accomplished some goals. As long as I can keep one bike and ride when I feel the need I’ll be happy.

My wife is the coolest chick ever. I scared her pretty bad with my crash/injuries as she was at the track when it happened. I value my relationship with her more than my own wants so I am willing to compromise here.

Plan is to ride my super tricked out street 750 every time I feel like it.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 · (Edited)
The trigger has been pulled. The kit is paid for now just waiting on shipping.
After Thanksgiving I will package up my Marchesini wheels and ship them to Ron at Frame Straight in TN. Let me back track a little bit. I first contacted a guy on forums13x and He actually recommended Frame Straight simply bc of the location/shipping. He is in California and since I am in NY-TN is alot closer. I am going to have them painted (it’s the recommendation of the fixer) neon red, like Matthew Scholtz Westby Racing. Long story short, I am getting pretty excited about what this is going to look like when it’s finished….

281 - 293 of 293 Posts