Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
NY you said you have your stock suspension set up for your weight right, or dialed in over the stock settings if I recall correctly? Then you said that ohlins shock that was sprung for 190-200lb rider was perfect by that I'm assuming we're the same weight, maybe not? But do you remember what he did to the settings on your suspension. I need to mess with mine. My rebound is not right on the front, it dips down too much when I brake. I'm not liking it at all. And if you don't mind shoot me a pic of the rear shock. I would like to see how many threads are left on the setting its at now for your sag. I'd appreciate it..
Yea had stock stuff set up for my weight, and came to the conclusion that either the front wasn't set up properly or the springs aren't sufficient for my weight. They put a zip tie in the middle of the bottom of the fork after they dialed it in, and I pretty much buried it after the track day.

I'll take a pic of it as I'm working on the bike today
Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I need Vortex V1 rear set spare parts. Any or all :D
Wow, I actually shipped mine to Vortex and they swapped them for V2s and 50% price. So they technically paid me $209 for them. You should do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Pics of installs of the vortex clip ons, vortex rear sets, motion pro Rev2 throttle, R6 Brembo M/C, and new FP Lever. Thanks to clean02 for coming by and helping me out, and my dog Bones for doing 360s and eating our onion dip.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Badass, I'm lovin the rear sets and the carbon fiber rear hugger.. Oh and the dog too..
Lol thanks bro. He is an awesome dog!! I've had that rear hugger for a while. The rearsets are set all the way up and back and it feels awesome with the 7 degree clip ons. Definitely more aggressive.

I found out today that I need to order a race fairing stay, mine is broken, and I also need a woodcraft resevoir bracket.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Those fairings look good as hell man, can't wait to see them on the bike. Curious to see how that tank cover is going to work and look.
Yea thanks man, I can't wait either and very curious as well about the tank cover. Didn't even know they made them for gsxrs, but they sent me pics of other sets they made for my bike.

Uh oh, now plasti dip your wheels either that green color or that blue color.. I think that green would look badass.. Nice though.. Send me the rear sets, I'll test fit them for ya.. Teeeeehehehe.. Can't say if you'll get them back or not.. Lmfao
I just Powdercoated the rims in August so I'm hoping just a rim stripe in blue or green will be enough.. If not I will look into the plasti dip if I can find a color that matches real well I'll be stoked.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Came to the conclusion that building a track bike is VERY expensive!!

When I was looking for a stay, I wanted to spend the least amount possible but also get a quality product, which is everyone's goal for most things I think.

Found the R&R Racing stay looks pretty much identical to the yoyodyne but is $75 cheaper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nice, I went with Graves on mine.
How was the fitment with the Graves? I was looking at them, yoyodyne and vortex until I found the R&R. I heard the vortex ones aren't that great fit wise, and yoyodyne was perfect, but nothing about the graves.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finally got the fairings, gonna fit them onto the bike as soon as the kurveygirl gets my dzus fasteners here.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
They are really nice. The paint work is a little shoddy here and there, but for the amount I paid for it, I can't complain.

·
Registered
511 Posts
There just race plastics... There gunna eventually get scratched up. Lol.... Hopefully not to bad. I want to see how that tank piece mounts up. Looked to me like you had to drill a hole in it.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm gonna be drilling a lot of holes as these come undrilled. The tank cover is gonna be interesting I'll be sure to post up all the details of the fitment.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Went ahead and bought a Penske double last night, I'm looking forward to becoming fast enough to notice it!!!

41 - 60 of 238 Posts