Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
My boy had to modify his Armour Bodies also so I'm convinced they all need some type of modification to fit. I do know however that all other kits come with braces for the superbike tail. Also if you ask another company about fitment issues before You buy you will get a correct response, or we aren't sure about all so buy at your own risk. Not No Issues with this model.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Damn man, sucks you gotta go through all that. Never a good feeling when a manufacturer doesn't want to fix their F ups. The experience your having is definitely not good for their business, guaranty no one on this forum will buy their race fairings. It's a shame to cause the paint and grafics look good.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Damn man, sucks you gotta go through all that. Never a good feeling when a manufacturer doesn't want to fix their F ups. The experience your having is definitely not good for their business, guaranty no one on this forum will buy their race fairings. It's a shame to cause the paint and grafics look good.
Jimmy the saddest part of this whole thing is that I told them " I'm giving you the opportunity to fix these issues before I go on the forums and tell EVERYONE about my experience with your race fairings"
They apparently have no interest in making it right so I'm letting people know.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Oh well man... As much as it sux just give them a bad review and take the $75 and make a brace. When I got my superbike tail for my zx10 it didn't have one and I just made a X brace with some thick aluminum pieces and it worked out well for me and I'm 220. It sux these companies take our money but then have a problem with communication when the time comes. My motto is unless it is your race bike you can always find cheap used decent race bodywork online.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Oh well man... As much as it sux just give them a bad review and take the $75 and make a brace. When I got my superbike tail for my zx10 it didn't have one and I just made a X brace with some thick aluminum pieces and it worked out well for me and I'm 220. It sux these companies take our money but then have a problem with communication when the time comes. My motto is unless it is your race bike you can always find cheap used decent race bodywork online.
Yea I had a brace idea already, but yours sounds better. Still it's the principal behind the whole thing. I will gladly accept the $75 and tank cover but now they are trying to get out of sending the tank cover when they offered it initially. Can't wait til this is over!!!

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,679 Posts
My boy had to modify his Armour Bodies also so I'm convinced they all need some type of modification to fit. I do know however that all other kits come with braces for the superbike tail. Also if you ask another company about fitment issues before You buy you will get a correct response, or we aren't sure about all so buy at your own risk. Not No Issues with this model.
I have Armour Bodies. Zero mods needed with Yosh full system.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I have Armour Bodies. Zero mods needed with Yosh full system.
Not the belly pan, the sides of the upper he said needed to be trimmed a bit to fit right.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My armour Bodies mounted right up too. Only thing I had to Dremel was by where kickstand is bc it kept hitting belly pan. But that was easy fix. Everything was money.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
You fellas did the right thing buying that kit and having it painted. I'm gonna have to remove my kickstand, or cut the sh** out of my belly pan to make that part work.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I think all race belly pans require modification for kick stand or just remove it, considering racers don't have them. My buddy has SharkSkinz and his kick stand couldn't stay on without cutting the belly pan, he just removed it and used a front wheel chock at the track. They're pretty cool, you just push the front wheel into it and it locks the bike in and holds it up.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I think all race belly pans require modification for kick stand or just remove it, considering racers don't have them. My buddy has SharkSkinz and his kick stand couldn't stay on without cutting the belly pan, he just removed it and used a front wheel chock at the track. They're pretty cool, you just push the front wheel into it and it locks the bike in and holds it up.
Yea I have already bought the eliminator for it, and will def need to pick up one of those chocks next.

Do you know which one he has??

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
I just use a rear stand at the track. You could also use a jack stand under one peg. Free.

Shit I've even been known to use a pole and lean the bike against it. I'd even lean it against my truck if I had to!

Ok.... yes withdraw is setting in. Carry on

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
So Auctmarts sent me $50 and is painting me an oem half tank cover to ship out soon. I am happy that they agreed to do anything about the issues.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I just use a rear stand at the track. You could also use a jack stand under one peg. Free.

Shit I've even been known to use a pole and lean the bike against it. I'd even lean it against my truck if I had to!

Ok.... yes withdraw is setting in. Carry on
I just lay mine down on the ground :0001136745-huh:

The rear stand works fine. I just leave it right behind the bike when I go out for a session. When I pull in I back the rear tire to the stand, get off, hold the seat or tail to keep it stable and put the stand on. It helps to have someone near the front the first couple times until you get a hang of it, but its really not hard at all.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Chill NY, just take what they offer and go from there. It's part of building stuff. You have to learn to overcome the obstacles. Nothing will ever go smooth and fit perfect. There will more then likely be modifications to make stuff fit. Sometimes you get lucky and stuff does fit right and other times you have to make it fit. It's frustrating but that's just how it is sometimes..

Hurry up though, I want to see it done.. Lol

101 - 120 of 238 Posts