Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya, good to be here. been look'in at the site for a couple of days and like what i see, well informed helpful group. just picked up an '06 gsxr750 and feels real good to be back in the saddle. now for my question (hope it's ok in this thread). can't seem to find 2 or 4 pin connector to put bike in dealer mode. i've found a 6 pin at battery the has a w/r and a b/w wire with cap on it. will shorting these do the trick? don't want to fry anything. also, have been to "bugman's" site (also awesome) and doesn't look like i have the same layout.
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
there will be a group of wires with a connector and a cap on it that doesnt connect to anything. I think its the only dead end group of wires around the battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Reb,
from every thing i've read there should be a 2 or 4 pin that is dead ended and capped with a w/r and b/w wire that you short to go into dealer mode. problem is i've taken everything apart and all i can find is a capped 6 pin plug. it has two of the wires with the proper colouring, but im a bit leary of shorting these (hate the smell of smoke). just wondering if anybody has run into this.
also, bike is a rebuilt, so im wondering if wiring config may have changed somewhat there?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Should be under the seat/battery or I've heard that some people have found the wires closer to the bike trunk. Just look around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.