Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been here for just a little while, but haven't introed yet. I won't be around too much, but hopefully can be a helpful addition to the site.

I've been riding street bikes for 13 years and am a total bike whore having owned a litany of street bikes. Everything from a '80 Honda CM200T Twinstar, A couple VFR's, ZX-7-9R's, BMW F650's, an FZ1 etc, and many more.

Just picked up my new Gixxer and am ready for the first service. I'm in total awe of it's power, and it's quite obviously a far superior bike than I am a rider.

I do track day's as well as distance touring, no commuting though. Basically I'm an early weekend warrior. Up before the squids and out while the police aren't running radar traps yet.

Nice to meet you all. I'm hoping to survive my first K5 track experience at SIR on the . . . 25th I believe.

Cheers,

Kent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OBSTACLE$ said:
Hey where are you from? I'm north of seattle area. What do u ride now? I have been wanting to go to SIR is it the 25th of May?

I live in Mission BC. I did live in Seattle for a couple years though. I owned a place on 42nd ave NE. Right behind the Kawi Dealership on Lake City Way.

I believe the SIR date is still on. I'm not sure about the weather though! Call Cheyene at 604.725.8610, to get your registration, payment, and hotel requirements squared away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Mighty Kentor said:
I live in Mission BC. I did live in Seattle for a couple years though. I owned a place on 42nd ave NE. Right behind the Kawi Dealership on Lake City Way.

I believe the SIR date is still on. I'm not sure about the weather though! Call Cheyene at 604.725.8610, to get your registration, payment, and hotel requirements squared away.
So its the 25th at what time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OBSTACLE$ said:
So its the 25th at what time?
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The event was going to be a mishmash mix of cars and bikes. The local car club was going to rent with the local m/cers so we could share costs, and the track. Drivers and riders would go in different sessions.

There wasn't enough interest shown, so the event was called off. I'll keep you informed of any further events I hear about there.


Thank you for all the welcomes guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Mighty Kentor said:
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The event was going to be a mishmash mix of cars and bikes. The local car club was going to rent with the local m/cers so we could share costs, and the track. Drivers and riders would go in different sessions.

There wasn't enough interest shown, so the event was called off. I'll keep you informed of any further events I hear about there.


Thank you for all the welcomes guys!
that sucks but thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
hey man how tall are you? unless the bike is lowered...which it looks like it has plenty of clearence so i doubt it...the bike looks small as shit with you on it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm 6'1", and on the lean side of things. This bike IS damn small, but surprisingly comfy. She really disappears under you while rolling through the twisties! :bike:

I'm not worthy. :bowdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
:welcome: to the site, enjoy! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
Wow the 05's must be hella smalelr than than the 03's. I've sat on a 1k 03 and dont feel that small at all. And Im 6'1 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
UnFaZeD said:
Wow the 05's must be hella smalelr than than the 03's. I've sat on a 1k 03 and dont feel that small at all. And Im 6'1 as well.
yea i think our newb is lieing...he's 7'1 not 6'1 :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
ceeken2000 said:
yea i think our newb is lieing...he's 7'1 not 6'1 :lol:
haha I was gonna ask if his finger slipped keys or something lol... I swear, If the bike is that small I am deff. gonna get an earlier model...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top