Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thanks for letting me join the forum, I'm picking up a 2015 600L4 on Monday and can't wait. It's only got 3k miles. Is there anything I need to look out for which are common problems? Thanks in advance. 馃弽馃憤

Super Moderator
Welcome!

Post a picture of your new ride when you get a chance. What was your previous bike?

To answer your question, I'm not aware of any common problems with those models. Besides normal wear and tear items, most other repairs seem to be from poor mechanical work or neglect. Keep it serviced and it will give you years of fun.

Registered
Welcome.
Pictures or it never happened LOL.
Wear gear, all the time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for welcoming me into the GSXR fold. It's my 1st bike, long overdue as I'm 44! Better late than never I suppose. I'm collecting it on Monday so will get the pics uploaded. 馃弽馃憤

Registered
Thank you for welcoming me into the GSXR fold. It's my 1st bike, long overdue as I'm 44! Better late than never I suppose. I'm collecting it on Monday so will get the pics uploaded. 馃弽馃憤
OK. Your first motorcycle then?
Please start in large empty parking lots, and take those MSF classes too.

Wear gear all the time, etc.

Have fun, stay safe.

Super Moderator
Where are you located? Your IP is in the UK and I have always heard there is pretty stringent training and licensing requirements.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I'm in the UK near Liverpool. I have to pass 4 different tests b4 I get my full bike licence. 1)CBT (1 whole day) 2)theory test 3) Module 1 4) Module 2. It should take me approx 6-8 weeks. I've got my Mod 1 on 20th May then if I pass that hopefully do my Mod 2 a week or two later. They don't make it easy to obtain a motorbike license in the UK.

Super Moderator
Yes I'm in the UK near Liverpool. I have to pass 4 different tests b4 I get my full bike licence. 1)CBT (1 whole day) 2)theory test 3) Module 1 4) Module 2. It should take me approx 6-8 weeks. I've got my Mod 1 on 20th May then if I pass that hopefully do my Mod 2 a week or two later. They don't make it easy to obtain a motorbike license in the UK.
That's definitely a commitment. Do you have to start on a smaller bike or after all the training can you jump on your bike with 90+kw?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I done my CBT on a Yamaha MT-07, but you can only use that if it has "L" plates on front and back and while you are accompanied by a qualified instructor.

Super Moderator
Looks very clean.

Reactions: Gaz Gixxer 600

Registered

Dad Bod Super Mod
Congratulations & welcome. That is a real clean bike! Enjoy Sir.

Reactions: Gaz Gixxer 600
1 - 17 of 17 Posts