Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up, saying hello to you all.

Been riding 21 years, now own a 04 GSXR750, yellow/black. Want to get a slip-on, hugger, undertail, and some Pirelli Diablos (stock D218's suck).

I'll also be racing my SV650 this year, after getting my race licence this spring. Really looking forward to it!

Take care all.

Janet

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the site, and enjoy all the useless info from Ballhawk, but I agree about the pilot powers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Pirelli Diablos won a tire review over the Pilot Powers in a British mag., where the riding conditions are very similar to up here (lots of rain/cold in winter). The Pilot Powers did very well in the test, but I will still be puttin' on the Diablos, most of my winter riding buddies have them and speak very highly of their warm-up and wet conditions performance.

Thanks for the welcomes, and for BallHawk3, I don't scare easy!!

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
hmm....everyone here is putting up the pilot powers, pretty new so not much info.....they are one of the softest and stickest tires you can buy. Very quick warm up time too. Go check them out at a store..you'll be like holy shit when you touch it. They claim to have good thread life..a tad longer than the 208s because of a hard compound found in the tire. All the peeps with the new r1s are switchin there stock diablos for some pilot poweres :thumbup:

oh, wouldn't know much about raining conditions...gotta love the cali weather.

·
Registered
122 Posts
WELCOME JANET ,a small part of my family live in montreal (i think thats how you spell it ,sorry if it's not)cold in canada is an understatment ,so i'm told.ENJOY

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
welcome.......i'll try not to scare this one aaway

also i recommend you take a look into the Michelins Pilot Power...from what i hear...better than the diablo's....also run a tad cheaper too.

Yeah, dont scare this one away. :laughingr

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
He has to try to not scare them away, haha.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
He has to try to not scare them away, haha.

Isnt that a shame? :laughingr

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
hey give him so credit, the tread has made it to the 2nd page and he hasn't asked to see her boobs yet

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
haha, shhh :shhh:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Dont tempt him. :lol:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
ah hell.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a small part of my family live in montreal (i think thats how you spell it ,sorry if it's not)cold in canada is an understatment ,so i'm told.ENJOY
Montreal is on the other side of the country, and it indeed gets very cold there. I am on the "wet" coast, and our climate here is the same as Seattle's. That means lots of rain in winter, but doesn't get too cold, at least not too cold for riding all year long (for me anyways). The average temp. in the winter is 6-9 C. which is about 42-48 F. Most people here but their bikes away for the winter, but there are a few die-hards like me who ride all year.

It would be nice to do some riding in Cali. this winter, was hoping to take my racing bike to some of the tracks there.

Thanks for all the welcomes, and no I don't show them off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts