Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all..just picked up a 04 gsxr 750 3 weeks ago. I love this bike. It's my first bike and I don't know much about bikes. In 3 weeks I have put 800 miles and already stacked once. But i take it as a good learning experience. The bike is all fixed. pretty minor.

Anyway I got a nail in my rear tire. can that be repaired or should I get a new tire? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Get a new tire, you can get kits to plug them, but they are usually only rate at 55mph and when you only have 2 tires, and one has a chance of blowing, your not looking at good stats there. Just buy a new one, might be expensive but worth it if the other one blows and causes even more damage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Amen Brother, gods angels only do the posted speed limit, so whatever over that you on you own, minimize the risk.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hell iu did an indicated 173 on a plugged tire!!

but buy a new one if you have da $$$

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I wouldn't chance it, i've seen what can happend when a tired blows at those speeds.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
ronayers.com is a good one, i like the michelin pilot sport tires.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I am a Michelin Baby that is all i ride with now Pilots of course

·
Registered
67 Posts
skibum91 said:
I wouldn't chance it, i've seen what can happend when a tired blows at those speeds.
akira yangawa @ mugello anyone? 202mph rear tire explosion=WHEEEEeeeeeee :eek:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
and mladin at like 180 had one go.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
still taking a risk with that. It would be best to just buy a new tire.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yup, I agree on that too....Don't want to gamble with your new bike on a tire repair.....

Congrats on your new bike except for the nail though....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
man its better to go ahead and fork out the $$ for a new tire than to have it pluged and it blows on you at 100+ then you got fork out the $$$ for those medical bills and worst of all bike repairs plus a new tire. BTW I like th pilot sports

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
very good advice ^^^^^^^^ :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
scottatbhm said:
If you can't afford a new tire, the second best solution is a vulcanizing patch applied from the inside.
I will second that. But the patch is only as good as the person who puts it on. I have ran a tire down through the threads and started showing the patch. At that point i got a new tire

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yup $$ for a new tire is way cheaper than taking a chance and spending $$$ and time on fixing a bike, injury...skin grafts...etc, etc....

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
stop whoring now 92, wouldn't want big bad gsxrsrad yelling at you and getting pissed, hahaha :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i would have to agree with everyone else don't patch the tires save yourself the trouble and get a brand new tires. because i heard alot of thing about patch tires
damn ski let him whore all he want

1 - 20 of 26 Posts