Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im about to get my permit. But iv heard about a free motorcycle course to get your license. I called the DMV and they said the ones in egg harbor and south jersey are no longer active. Does anyone know of any others????

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey, im about to get my permit. But iv heard about a free motorcycle course to get your license. I called the DMV and they said the ones in egg harbor and south jersey are no longer active. Does anyone know of any others????
good luck getting in. takes months, and a true pain in the ass to actually even get through the lines on the phone. always busy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you go on the NJ DMV web site it has a list of courses you can take to get your license... You gotta be careful though because some courses the DMV wont credit you and give you your license... Ill see if I can find the website for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think all the MSC courses in NJ are about $300. I took mine a couple of months ago and I can tell you that it was the best $300 I have ever spent.

It would have been nice if it were for free, but I think that was a long time ago.. I heard PA MSC course were free at some point.

I took the one at Blackwood collage and the instructors were very good and easy to talk to. I will go back in a year and take the advanced for sure.

good luck with your course. :thumbup:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah
Start booking now if you want a spot for sometime in April or may.
Trust me....THEY FILL UP REALLY QUICK!!

I think they go up $50 every year
2 years ago (2008) it was $250
Last year (2009) it was $300

Also, it's a three day class.
Friday is mostly classroom
Saturday is riding and a little classroom
Sunday is riding and a little classroom
Pay attention in the class. There a little written test you must pass as well as a little road test you must complete in order to pass the class.

There are two things that are imperative!!!

1) you MUST attent every class.
If you miss one day, don't bother going back
2) DONT DROP THE BIKE
Automatic disqualification

Above all, you should have fun in the class.
The most important factor they teach you is rider safety, and proper gear
They teach you everything from throttle control to using the clutch, to using the breaks to looking around turns and seeing ahead

The only thing they dont teach you is balance.
That you must establish before taking the coarse.
Basically, if you can ride a bike, you can take the coarse

·
Registered
2 Posts
MSC class

I also took an MSC class to get my license. I can honestly say it was well worth the $300. They go over all the fundamentals of riding a motorcycle. After completing the course, you feel more comfortable and knowledgeable, which in turn will make you feel safer in case you encounter a sticky situation. On top of the knowledge you get, they also give you a nice packet at the end which includes some nice discounts on gear and even bikes! Not saying to take the course based on that, but it's a nice perk. Good luck on which ever route you take on getting your license!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts