Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Dude, sweet. :thumbup: Learn your lesson? Dont try to be cool by not wearing your helmet. It only makes you look like an asshole. And you see the aftermath firsthand.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I must say I disagree with you a bit, not saying I think it's the brightest thing in the world not wearing a helmet but it doesn't make you look like an asshole. I do have my days when I don't wear my helmet and it has nothing to do with trying to look cool. It's all about a decision you make and a risk you take. Yes it is a big risk but it has nothing to do with looking like an asshole. After the last couple posts on helmets and the pictures, yeah the helmet will be on a lot more but I think the asshole bit is way off. Buy hey, to each his own.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Psych_77 said:
I must say I disagree with you a bit, not saying I think it's the brightest thing in the world not wearing a helmet but it doesn't make you look like an asshole. I do have my days when I don't wear my helmet and it has nothing to do with trying to look cool. It's all about a decision you make and a risk you take. Yes it is a big risk but it has nothing to do with looking like an asshole. After the last couple posts on helmets and the pictures, yeah the helmet will be on a lot more but I think the asshole bit is way off. Buy hey, to each his own.
Yup, your right, to each is own. But every day I see a sportbike rider with no lid. And hes fucking around. Being an "asshole". I mean, I do the same stuff too but I am always wearing my lid. I've just got too much to loose. Yeah, Its nice to roll with the air in your face, but its just tooooooo risky. Too many people out there who just dont give a fuck about bikers for me to take that chance.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
wickmaster said:
I've just got too much to loose. Yeah, Its nice to roll with the air in your face, but its just tooooooo risky.
It's just a brain dude...don't take it so seriously. Look how many people in this world live happy lives and never even use theirs.
:rofl:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BlacknBlue750 said:
if you ride a streetbike without a helmet, you look like an asshole

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Engloid said:
It's just a brain dude...don't take it so seriously. Look how many people in this world live happy lives and never even use theirs.
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr :rofl: So damn true man, and thats just plain sad!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Glad yer okay. I'm not sure about being an asshole. Maybe a dumbass, but not an asshole. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on now.. a dumbass? you can't tell me that you have never been in an accident(car or bike). shit happens... to everyone. mistakes are made and we learn from them. Plain and Simple...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
1wheelR said:
Come on now.. a dumbass? you can't tell me that you have never been in an accident(car or bike). shit happens... to everyone. mistakes are made and we learn from them. Plain and Simple...
Yea a dumbass, if you didn't think about being able to wreck before getting on that bike without your helmet, then you probably should have never been on the bike in the first place and that makes you a dumbass. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First of all I was riding in a parking lot at 20mph when it happend. my skateboard goes faster than that. Ive wrecked hundreds of times on my board never wearing a helmet and never scratched. What happened was a fluke the way my head hit the ground. I wasnt fucking around, and when I fell I got back up thinking I was fine. This does'nt mean that I am gonna start wearing a helmet when I skate. Dont be so quick to throw stones...

Its always easy to judge from the passengers view...

Until you find yourself in the drivers seat...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
1wheelR said:
First of all I was riding in a parking lot at 20mph when it happend. my skateboard goes faster than that. Ive wrecked hundreds of times on my board never wearing a helmet and never scratched. What happened was a fluke the way my head hit the ground. I wasnt fucking around, and when I fell I got back up thinking I was fine. This does'nt mean that I am gonna start wearing a helmet when I skate. Dont be so quick to throw stones...

Its always easy to judge from the passengers view...

Until you find yourself in the drivers seat...
I've never been a passenger on a bike, and I have plenty of experience wrecking, and seeing wrecks. Most wrecks, are unexpected, thats the point in ALWAYS wearing your helmet. I don't care if you were pushing the bike at 5 miles and hour, you can still trip, fall and have the bike land on your head. If it happened to you then it wasn't that big of a fluke, it can always happen again, so I'll throw stones if I feel it necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you ever think why insurance costs so much?! Cause idiots go round riding in no gear, crashing, ending up in hospital, getting massive skin grafts that would have been bruises if they had been wearing their gear! Just Stupid. If everyone wore their gear, greedy insurance would have to lower costs.

Singlets, Shorts, No Helmet, Wat a FKN joke... :headshake

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
gsxr6_tom said:
Do you ever think why insurance costs so much?! Cause idiots go round riding in no gear, crashing, ending up in hospital, getting massive skin grafts that would have been bruises if they had been wearing their gear! Just Stupid. If everyone wore their gear, greedy insurance would have to lower costs.

Singlets, Shorts, No Helmet, Wat a FKN joke... :headshake
I fully agree, people think because they aren't doing something specific, that they can't get hurt, because they are being careful, not true at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your absolutely correct... We should all wear helmets and protective padding everywhere we go! In BED, in the SHOWER, and even in the POOL. Maybe if we didnt leave our houses and just stayed in bed all day insurance costs might go down... Although down here in florida there is no motorcycle insurance. NOPE.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
1wheelR said:
Your absolutely correct... We should all wear helmets and protective padding everywhere we go! In BED, in the SHOWER, and even in the POOL. Maybe if we didnt leave our houses and just stayed in bed all day insurance costs might go down... Although down here in florida there is no motorcycle insurance. NOPE.
Hey atleast you get the idea now! :laughingr :laughingr :2hard

·
Registered
189 Posts
1wheelR said:
I stand by dumbass. Asshole would be judging your charcter as a whole. I'm not interested in that, just the dumbass move of not wearing a helmet. Yes accidents do happen, that's why Jesus made helmets. You were lucky. I truely am glad you are okay. But the sooner you realize not wearing a helmet is fucked up, the better off you'll be. The human head is not designed to bounce off shit.
If it's a risk you are willing to take, so be it. But for your family and friends sake, wear a friggen lid! I just hope I'm not the one who rides up behind you (or someone like you) and has to pick the skull pieces off the pavement so that you're not tracked 2 miles down the road!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
haha :laughingr

1 - 20 of 29 Posts