Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas/ladies what's up?

I have a 2000 GSX-R 750 and the other night I was riding pretty hard, was up to about 12 or 13 grand and I hear a slight pop.....and all of of a sudden no matter what gear I put it in it is still in neutral. Has anyone ever experienced this? How do I fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Pull apart the Tranny, you probably broke a shift for or the dogs on the gears or something of the sort. The only way to find out is pull the tranny out and see whats wrong.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
gixxerman said:
I just tore it apart.....the whole damn cluth basket shattered, along with 2 plates!! :damn: Looks like Legos now. Can I drop the oil pan with out removing the headers? :headscrat
Nope, gotta take the headers off, I've tried it before and it just dont work. And I had a basket come apart also, but not as bad as it sounds like you did, just make sure to flush the whole bike with clean oil a few times, get all the metal out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
it would probably be good to replace the oil filter as well, incase anything little got in there. What were you doing, clutching it up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah...it was pretty stupid now that I think of it. I was trying to raise it up in second gear by popping the clutch :headshake The bad thing is that it was up for sale when it happened....and I had to sell it for 2k rather than the 3.5k i was asking for. (I'm in the military stationed overseas and no one really wants to buy a Euro spec bike that they can't take back home....let alone Euro/broken bike.....too bad too..... damn beautiful machine. I'll have to post pics sometime.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
All I ever do are clutch up wheelies and I've never had that happen, it was something that was probably already stressed and just happen to come apart.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was just about to ask, what other way is there? I mean, offcourse you could always shift down to get your RPMs up, but what fun is that. Anyway, exactly what are the draw backs of cluthing one up. How much wear does it actually put on the clutch. The only real sideffects that i belive im seeing is im about to have to buy a new chain if I keep it up. I've already took all the slack out that I possibly can. The tech. told me that the chain will stretch. I guess mine stretched to much. Surely it want streatch anymore. But anyway back to the question. What are the consiquences of clutching?

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I can tell you I've got 13k miles on my bike since april and all I've ever done is clutch wheelies, I mean I power wheelie a lot, but clutching it up is so much more controlable. I've had to replace the clutch a little while ago, but that was also from drag racing, which eats the clutch up. I've also still got the stock chain on my bike. THe only downfall to clutching it, is its going to put strain on the drvie train and clutch, more on the clutch than powering it up would, but its not going to just wear parts out extremely quick if thats what your worried about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.