Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

No more Chicken strips!

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  you da man 
#1 ·
I went to a ride school yesterday at Race City in Calgary, Alberta. It was put on by Suzuki and BGPR race school. It was a fun day that got me addicted to the track! I am still a beginner rider but I think this one day at the track taught me more about my bike than I could have learned in years riding by myself on the street. It was not technically a race school, as much as a technical riding school, but we did learn alot of beginner race technique. The most important thing I learned was proper body position, and because of that, I gained a lot of confidence in my machine. It was amazing to get out on the track to learn a bunch of skills, with no speed limits, and no pressure to keep up, or to go too slow.

also, my bike looks like its actually been ridden now lol

got rid of those darn chicken strips lol:bounce

This whole experience has changed my priorities for mods, instead of exhaust and power commander and such, I want gear and trackdays! but I am not sure what to do, since this is the last year for Race City, and the gear is pretty pricy to use 3 or 4 times...

See less See more
#3 ·
there is nothing else for about 12 hours in any direction. they might make a new track about 2 hours north in 5 years or so,but by then i will probably have toasted my gixxer and it can be a track bike lol

#4 ·
i envy you

it took me a year to get my tire rounder like that. i want to go through that course but i heard it's a couple pretty pennies. i see you almost on the edge though man!!!! keep hittin it and you'll get to that corner! bad ass dude! you'll be riding better than me real soon!

#6 ·
it took me a year to get my tire rounder like that. i want to go through that course but i heard it's a couple pretty pennies. i see you almost on the edge though man!!!! keep hittin it and you'll get to that corner! bad ass dude! you'll be riding better than me real soon!

ya there was some little chic there that had never been on a bike before she took the MSF course a month ago, and she was awesome. she could outrace me any day :thumbup:

#9 ·
Wait, you still have some tire left :infrandom that hasn't been touched. What's the front tire look like, the rear is easy to get rid of. Glad you had a great time and took it to the track. The faster you go, the more it cost.

#10 ·
i realize i am still slow lol, i would be going through the corners at what i thought was really fast, (as fast as I could comfertably go) and the instructors would just fly by me on the outside like he was on a nice sunday cruise lol

#11 ·
We've all been new track riders at some point. The funny thing is that after you've done alot of trackdays and find yourself as one of the faster advanced/racer level riders is to reflect back at how "slow" you used to be and how "hard" you had to ride to be that slow :lol:. When I instructed at trackdays in the intermediate level it was fun to follow students and see them riding at almost 100% (which you should never do) and you pass them like their standing still. It takes time and a little coaching helps to pick up your pace but it will come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.