Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'got an 04 600, I rolled the bike with the rear disk lock on, now i have no rear brakes, I bled the lines but still no brake, I see no leaks, the brake will grab after 4-6 pumps but diminishes once the bike rolls again, what should i look for? please any advise is much appreciated.

:headscrat :headscrat :headscrat

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
what damage did the disc lock do to the caliper? did it tweak the brake pads at all?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the caliper looks straight (at least to me) i took off the caliper and bolted it back on, I bled the rear brakes twice to no avail. someone told me i could have a bent rotor, does this happen? how can i check if i bent the rotor, i don't see any drastic bent, what else could break or bend? thanks for your help. :headscrat :headscrat :headscrat

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
its could be the bent rotor, does the brake work fine when not moving? or does is do the same thing? If its the same moving or not then its most likey a leak in the caliper, the pistons could be tweaked a little bit. If its only when its moving then its probably a bent rotor, you need a micrometer that works when you spin the wheel it'll tell you if its bent or not.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:clap: :clap: :clap:
you're good skibum, i checked the rotor and it's bent, didn't need a mirometer to tell. i tilted the bike on the side stand rolled the rear wheels on air and compared the gap on the caliper to rotor, the friggin rotor is moving away from the caliper at certain point. the rear wheels seemed tweaked too cuz the markers on axle are at different points, i'll straighten the wheels first and if the problem doesn't go away, at least i have better clue as to what the problem is.

btw, the brakes will eventually grab when the bike is not rolling but as soon as i roll off, the brakes will loose firmness again and i'll have to pump it before it grabs again.

i'll keep you posted, maybe a numbnut like me will find this thread useful in the future (hope not though).

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
yep, most deffinately a bent rotor.

For anyone else who reads this, if it is not bent enough to see it wobble like this guys was, you can remove it and lay it against a piece of glass too. This will generally show you if it is bent or not.

IF this does not work, then you need a dial indicator to check run out on the caliper to the specs in the manual

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the rotor i got came with new pads that i'm not sure how to install. (04 600). it looks straight forward, unbolt the bolt/pin that holds the pads. but i noticed there is like a flat-spring that pushes down on the pads, would i be able to replace this metal piece without special tools or "talent" i just don't want to remove the pin and not be able to put it back.

thanks for the tip skibum and motojoe.

:headscrat :headscrat :headscrat

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yea, you just pull that pin out and then put the new pads in place and that metal plate, is just like a little spring to help hold the pads, it just takes a little bit of pushing to get it back into place, doesn't take any special tool or skill, its really easy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now i got all the parts and tools I need (plus some). I want to bleed the rear brake, then i realized there are two bleeder valves on the rear caliper? i haven't seen any bleeder valve on the rear master cylinder, is there? my question is, does it matter which valve i bleed first, there's one on the outside that is very noticeable, then you look behind the caliper there's one more. I'm thinking that it won't matter which i do first, but then my instincts suck so, please help. :headscrat :headscrat :headscrat

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Just do them both there is no order unless you wanna make one also, I goto master cylinder and pump it up a couple time and crack the line from the bolt as well

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help guys, the bike is fine now. bled the brake too and it's all cool. and yep the rotor is bent, i confirmed it when i placed it on top of a glass table. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.