Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need help my 600 srad 98 got no spark i have test everything the 4 ignition coil is not giving me any resistance on ohm reading it is just a dead short on the meter.
Any help please

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Welcome.

Are you testing the coils in accordance with the service manual? The primary side is less than a tenth of an ohm so it can look like a dead short if you select the wrong scale on your meter..

Also, the service manual has a good ignition troubleshooting section.

(I also deleted your duplicate post and moved this one to tech)

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for reaply i have tested on all the ohm setting gives me the same continuity on top secondary there is nothing i stripped the bike down and resembled it and now no spark test ignition got ohms 100ohms the pick up is 162 ohm cdi got power when i plug coils in it makes a beep sound

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Hi thanks for reaply i have tested on all the ohm setting gives me the same continuity on top secondary there is nothing i stripped the bike down and resembled it and now no spark test ignition got ohms 100ohms the pick up is 162 ohm cdi got power when i plug coils in it makes a beep sound
Sorry, I understand the part about you stripping the bike down and now there is no spark but I'm not able to make sense of anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Troubleshooting say the ohm for the coils is in between 0.7ohm - 0.11ohm first test on the pins of the plugs
Second test is pin to the plug holl there no resistance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If all 4 coils are dead what can coz it
Will do test for 12v power to coil plugs with out the coils in.

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Troubleshooting say the ohm for the coils is in between 0.7ohm - 0.11ohm first test on the pins of the plugs
Second test is pin to the plug holl there no resistance
You need to find a friend to help you. At first you said they were shorted, which is 0 resistance, and now you state there is "no resistance" so is that infinite resistance? Sorry, you lost me again.

With regards to your question of "If all 4 coils are dead what can coz it", all four coils dying is very unlikely. That is why I'm questioning your test methods.

·
Registered
416 Posts
"Second test is pin to the plug holl there no resistance"
I also am having trouble understanding you. Your friend also needs to help you with your English. Suggest that you stop using slang abbreviations, properly punctuate your sentences, and explain in more detail just what you're doing.

Note that accurately measuring low resistances can be challenging because contact resistances become significant. Quality equipment is needed and it's not clear what you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts