Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Noisy box in my K8 1000

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  k5Dave 
#1 · (Edited)
Guy i have a K8 1000 has 12000k's on the clock. A few mates have said my gear box is very noisy but i always thought it was from when i changed the front sprocket. It makes a winding noise bad in first

today i changed a mates front sprocket for him and it made no change in how noisy the box sounds

Mine i really noisy in 1st and i can here it in 6th should i take it to the dealer or thrash on

regards
Hoges

#4 ·
changing the sprockets shouldn't affect any noises coming from the tranny since you aren't adjusting anything with the internal gears. Since it is a K8 and should be under warranty then I would take it a good dealer and have them check it out.

#6 ·
Guy i have a K8 1000 has 12000k's on the clock. A few mates have said my gear box is very noisy but i always thought it was from when i changed the front sprocket. It makes a winding noise bad in first

today i changed a mates front sprocket for him and it made no change in how noisy the box sounds

Mine i really noisy in 1st and i can here it in 6th should i take it to the dealer or thrash on

regards
Hogs
Put the gearing back to standard, then book it in to your main dealer, and get them to investigate the noise.

#7 ·
Thanks guys i will change it back and take it to the dealer

Anyone know the Torque setting for the sprocket nut

#11 ·
yeah mine has done it for ages as well. starting to worry me a bit as a few mates have commented on it. So i rode a few others and none do it.

Putting the stock sprocket back on today and gunna swing past the dealer

the reason i was a bit more worried now is it is starting to do it in 6th and now 5th

I have flogged the fck out of it from day 1 has 12oook now so who knows it could be on its way out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.