Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just bought a 1988 gsxr750 , i rode it home no problem but when i turned it off and tried to start it again i just get a loud ticking and the engine doesnt turn over?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorted it , thanks , turned out the bikes slightly overcharging the battery and its cooked it over the last year the lad had it before me...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Did you correct this? What was it, the regulator?

I think I am having the same problem. I have an 00 750 for the track. Had a bad rectifier that had melted the wires going to the stator... Both of those were fixed...

So I do a track day, and after the fourth session, the bike won't start. I get a click click click... But no turn over... So I am thinking I either left the key on, or that maybe it is not charging. Friend has a portable jump pack, so I plug it on, and Vooom... Fires right up... Go to grid up and the FI light comes on and bike dies. I figure that since the bike was not moving, it ran out of juice... Bring it back... Won't turn over and I see the Ignition fuse is burnt. Check the battery, it is reading 13.27V and is HOT...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.