Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

New rider here. Purchased a 2018 GXS250R last week to learn on. Getting comfortable already I wanted to start doing a few little things to it to make it my own while I have it. First up was doing the rear fender eliminator....all is going well, thought I had all the wires for the tail lights correct, turn the key and POP! Now the dash is off, clutch will not engage, but headlight works. I’ve located the two fuses under the rear seat and both look to be okay. What else could it be? Help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Welcome.

It sure sounds like a fuse blew. I don't know why the clutch would be involved.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is a real good place to start this is a link to oem wire diagrams, exploded parts diagrams and all that. If you go there I would reccomend saving it cuz your gonna need it in the future as well. Sounds to me like you infact blew a fuse.

LINK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the GSX250R. Great bike. You have a 10amp fuse blown. The 30amp fuses you found under the seat should be the "main" fuse and a spare.
Find your "Owners Manual" (page 7-51 "Fuses").. The fuse box you're looking for is up under the right side front cowl (under you throttle/brake hand).. also shown in the owner's manual (page 7-52). All fuses (besides the 30amp main) are 10amp. There should also a 'spare' 10amp located in the fuse box.
Patience... that fuse box is in a tight place under there. Good Luck. (y)

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Congrats on the GSX250R. Great bike. You have a 10amp fuse blown. The 30amp fuses you found under the seat should be the "main" fuse and a spare.
Find your "Owners Manual" (page 7-51 "Fuses").. The fuse box you're looking for is up under the right side front cowl (under you throttle/brake hand).. also shown in the owner's manual (page 7-52). All fuses (besides the 30amp main) are 10amp. There should also a 'spare' 10amp located in the fuse box.
Patience... that fuse box is in a tight place under there. Good Luck. (y)
Nice reply. I only hope the OP returns and takes your advice.
Or, is it another 'one post wonder'? LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice reply. I only hope the OP returns and takes your advice.
Or, is it another 'one post wonder'? LOL
Thanks for that. Most folks on these Forums follow up after asking questions, and their responses are appreciated.. When that doesn't happen, that's OK too. Maybe somebody else benefits. And I always seem to learn something before offering, what I hope is sound advise.
But, yeah, some folks come and go sooner than others. And, who knows.. sometimes that works out for the best.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for that. Most folks on these Forums follow up after asking questions, and their responses are appreciated.. When that doesn't happen, that's OK too. Maybe somebody else benefits. And I always seem to learn something before offering, what I hope is sound advise.
But, yeah, some folks come and go sooner than others. And, who knows.. sometimes that works out for the best.:rolleyes:

All we can do is hope they got their problem sorted I appreciate your response buddy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts