Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 06' GSXR 1000 and I was wondering if anyone has put NOS on the 05'. I just want to have a little more hp when i need it. I dont know much about NOS so maybe someone can give me a hand with which kit I should get.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You bought an 06 1000........... have they hit the dealerships yet? :headscrat I know the only difference is "Bold New Graphics" though.

and NOS.......... man WTF you trying to DIE :funny:

I know it can be done, but dont know anyone with enough balls to do it yet. I am sure a dragracer somehwere on here has, but I dont know of any daily drivers who have.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
And off topic, but I see Suzuki is STILL tryig to pawn off old 04 Mladin replicas :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I pick my bike up in 2 weeks, the red 06'. It's sick but I want it to be even SICKER! If that makes sense. When I go big, I go big so NOS is definitley an option for me.
Motojoe_23 said:
You bought an 06 1000........... have they hit the dealerships yet? :headscrat I know the only difference is "Bold New Graphics" though.

and NOS.......... man WTF you trying to DIE :funny:

I know it can be done, but dont know anyone with enough balls to do it yet. I am sure a dragracer somehwere on here has, but I dont know of any daily drivers who have.

·
Registered
57 Posts
man I have like two buddies where I live that are suzuki dealerships and do well over 25 new 05 1000's in a month and they dont even have them nore dont see suzuki getting the in by jan of next yr. you got any pics besides the stock suzuki pic in your avatar? post them up

·
Registered
459 Posts
i'm puttin a NX kit on mine plan on running a 40 shot at the track and ya never know if someone wants to play on the street i might use it as an insurance policy

·
Registered
175 Posts
wtf

you dont have the bike yet and plan on putting on nos, sorry but the 1000 is fast e fucking nough. i would never use nos just bc of the fact u risk fucking up the engine whatever go waste your time on that shit, how long have u been riding, u prob dont realize how fast it's going to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I dont have any pics yet man but as soon as i get the bike i will post some up.

1000k3 said:
man I have like two buddies where I live that are suzuki dealerships and do well over 25 new 05 1000's in a month and they dont even have them nore dont see suzuki getting the in by jan of next yr. you got any pics besides the stock suzuki pic in your avatar? post them up

·
Registered
57 Posts
well when you said you bought it , it looked as if you were acting like you had it? you must have placed an order for one then. lol because trust me soon as the red ones here its goin to be right beside my 03 in the garage.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
And off topic, but I see Suzuki is STILL tryig to pawn off old 04 Mladin replicas :lol:

i wonder how much they'd bend on the price of those? :hmmm:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just my thoughts

If i was you i would go with a turbo over NOS i know there is a huge price diffrence but it is more reliable and predictable power NOS is fadst but its gonna beat your 06 to shit and make it worth nothing i would think about it for a bit its an expensive bike and a bid decision :headscrat

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tazz Man said:
If i was you i would go with a turbo over NOS i know there is a huge price diffrence but it is more reliable and predictable power NOS is fadst but its gonna beat your 06 to shit and make it worth nothing i would think about it for a bit its an expensive bike and a bid decision :headscrat

+1 Go with the turbo instead

·
Registered
459 Posts
do your reseach guys theres guy here in the northwest that have been juicing there bikes for years, its all about how you set it up, you gotta set it up to last and i'm sure he's only talking about a 20 shot or somewhere in that area. it would take years of filling bottles to add up to how much a turbo would cost, and a turbo will do just as much damage as nitrous. if your going to run nitrous you need to run high quality gas and need a power comander and some dyno time to get the air/fuel ratio right, then it will be safe and last. good luck, but i think unless your looking to drag it you dont need it, as like many people have said 95% of people will never use a bike to its full potentional on the street

·
Banned
641 Posts
i have an 02 gsxr 1000 with a mps system 40 shot of nos on it . i am a drag racer , but i also use it on the street. I love it while it lasts. i have a sneaky pete 10 oz bottle and at a 40 shot it will give you about 30 seconds of power. i had mine dynoed and it gave me an exact 41hp gain. my bike dynoed at 143 actual hp and with nos it had 184. to hook it up just pm me and i will save you an hour of work and i can even save you 50 bucks off of buying a full kit. hell i will even sell you one. What a dry shot does is just sprays into the airbox hits your cold air sensor and gives you more fuel to compensate to the air/nitrous mixture. You wont get any extra hp without adding the right amount of fuel to miux with it. mps sells them for 375.00 I will sell you the exact same kit for 325.00. its not crazy and you will need the extra boost to smoke a busa. i love smokin the busas.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
a buddy of mine has a 04 1000 with NOS and he loves it he wired it to his ignition switch. he has a 2.5 lbs bottle in his trunk. he races and when he hits it you know cause his tire breaks loose. so just be careful!

·
Registered
488 Posts
there was a blue /white 06 1k on the floor when i was at the dealer last week, a guy was there filling out the paper work to buy it. they have them tagged at 9999.00

·
Registered
566 Posts
i never had any problem's outrunning busa's even when the bike was stock...who need's nos!!!!!
trixxergixxer said:
i have an 02 gsxr 1000 with a mps system 40 shot of nos on it . i am a drag racer , but i also use it on the street. I love it while it lasts. i have a sneaky pete 10 oz bottle and at a 40 shot it will give you about 30 seconds of power. i had mine dynoed and it gave me an exact 41hp gain. my bike dynoed at 143 actual hp and with nos it had 184. to hook it up just pm me and i will save you an hour of work and i can even save you 50 bucks off of buying a full kit. hell i will even sell you one. What a dry shot does is just sprays into the airbox hits your cold air sensor and gives you more fuel to compensate to the air/nitrous mixture. You wont get any extra hp without adding the right amount of fuel to miux with it. mps sells them for 375.00 I will sell you the exact same kit for 325.00. its not crazy and you will need the extra boost to smoke a busa. i love smokin the busas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.