Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not to familiar troubleshooting especially with electrical components .. but something isn’t allowing my bike to get power. When i turn the key absolutely nothing happens.. no lights gages puns clicks etc .. only when I connect the battery dies the needle move up and then down once on the cluster. ... I’ve changed the battery, fuses, main fuse and starter rely.. I took everything apart and tested the power from battery to different parts of wiring harness. Everything is getting power but some reason no power when I turn the key. Any help and insight be greatly appreciated. I’d really rather not replace all these components if I don’t have to. It’s a 2005 gsxr 1k.

·
Super Moderator
8,755 Posts
Welcome.

How about the ground cable from the battery to the frame/engine?

·
Super Moderator
8,755 Posts
You should find someone with a bit more electrical background help you out.

You say you have power (potential) but do you have current available with a load on the circuit? A high resistance in the main power circuit will show voltage with no load, but that voltage will go away as soon as the load is added.

This is purely a guess, but the ignition switch can cause just these types of issues.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,644 Posts
Is the battery new/good? I have seen a pooched battery read 12V but die immediately. When did this start? Has any work been done to the bike recently?

·
Super Moderator
8,755 Posts
Is the battery new/good? I have seen a pooched battery read 12V but die immediately. When did this start? Has any work been done to the bike recently?
Good point. I thought I read that she tested it, but it does not really say that.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
only when I connect the battery dies the needle move up and then down once on the cluster.
What is this supposed to mean? The battery is disconnected? Or when you reconnect the battery, the cluster responds? If that's the case, we know the battery is getting power through the harness. So it's time to pull the connector for the ignition cylinder and see if power is getting to it. That's step 1. Meter set to read DC volts. Black to the negative terminal of the battery, red to the red wire on the wiring harness where the ignition cylinder would plug in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts